I'm desperate. Any ideas welcome. - Updated

Sweetie, I cannot tell you how bad I feel. Your post brought me to tears.

Nobody should have to hurt like that. For crying out loud, you're still a kid!!

Immediate prayers for your immediate comfort~~

F

flutterbee

BBK, you're such a sweetheart. I don't want you to feel bad for me, though. Life is good for me.

:flower:

I spoke to my cardiologist about the magnesium. He said excess magnesium (and potassium) is easily excreted by the body as long as one does not have impaired renal function. He said that our bodies need very little magnesium, so there is no need to stockpile, but if I feel better on it then by all means to take it.

Lothlorien

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but thought you'd find this interesting.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polymyalgia-rheumatica/DS00441/DSECTION=2

In particular, the end of this page:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the United States, approximately 15 percent of people with polymyalgia rheumatica have a related condition called giant cell arteritis, which causes the arteries in your temples and sometimes in your neck and arms to become swollen and inflamed </div></div>

Steely

Just sending BIG hugs! And a zillion positive thoughts for your body to start healing. So sorry you are going through this. :frown:

F

flutterbee

Loth,

Thanks for that. As soon as my dr mentioned rheumatic activity and connective tissue disorder, I did my research. I'm 99% sure I've looked into all of the various conditions in those categories. The one you posted is found almost exclusively in people over 70 and involves solely the muscles, while I have a lot of joint issues.

I know what I *think* I have based on my research, symptoms, progression, etc., but I'll have to wait to see what the doctor says. I think I have Ankylosing Spondylitis...I think I spelled that right. It fits me almost to a T. But, we'll have to wait for all the tests and go from there.

I mean...I am occasionally wrong. :wink: :rofl:

The good news (I think) is that my cardiologist agrees with my doctor that a connective tissue disorder could have lead to my heart disease. He said it would be unusual; normally they see heart valve issues or inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart with those conditions. However, he said it's unusual for someone my age to have advanced atherosclerosis (sp?) without any real risk factors so he definitely thinks it's a possibility. IOW, it can happen. It's just not the normal way. Hell, I never do anything the normal way. Why should this be any different? :smile:

Lothlorien

Actually, through the years I've been working with my doctor, we've had many patient's with that disorder in their 30's.
Ankylosing spondylitis is a degenerative disease of your spine. Usually one vertebrae fuses on top of another. The MRI that you are scheduled for will confirm...if you are having it of the spine. It's usually seen on an x-ray, though.