tryinghard

Jen,

I finally had a chance to log back on and read through the postings, I am glad you are doing better and your daughter had some positives today at school!

I thought about you all day. Hang in there and please keep us posted. We are all here for you sister!!:love-very:

F

flutterbee

I did the testing first, too, because I wanted to have the information so I could speak intelligently with the school. Also, for a long time I was unaware of anything such as an IEP.

In hindsight, I would have requested the IEP evaluation sooner. If there is educational impact, you can still get the ball rolling and get her some help in school. You can always call an IEP meeting at a later date when you have more answers to revise the IEP. If she is found through the IEP evaluation to have negative educational impact - and you are part of the IEP team - it really doesn't matter what her diagnosis is. The diagnosis and subsequent negative educational impact are used to determine eligibility only. That's it. The IEP is written based on her individual needs. Frankly, I wouldn't care if the school came up with a diagnosis of difficult child having two heads as long as they got interventions in place.

ETA: Whatever the school comes up with has no bearing on her medical diagnosis. It's just the process they have to go through. If she has specific learning disabilities, etc, then those have to be identified so the proper educational interventions can be put in place. But with issues such as anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), etc, you're looking for accommodations different than you would for someone with a reading learning disability. I hope I'm making some sense.

Hopefully someone with more IEP experience will come along and clarify what I'm trying to say.

Jena

thanks i really appreciate that the support here is great. i'm waiting on call from columbia today in regards to how much this is going to cost approx figure is 10K right now. so scarey. she's also going through withdrawals off the abilify now. i want her clean again so they can see the way she truly is not the medicated her.

jen

thanks... :)