I'm down to..... Drumroll please.......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
6 cigarettes today.:bigsmile:

I'm rather proud of myself. Especially since husband has been a major @ss of late.

No weight loss yet. I'm tackling one problem at a time. Although, so far the Chantix seems to lower my appetite as well.

I'm almost there. Yea

crazymama30

keep going. I quit about 1.5months ago, and I feel much better. I still crave a cigarette now and again, but I try to think about something else and it goes away. Good job and keep going.

F

flutterbee

Way to go, Lisa! :bravo:

It's so hard to do. So, the Chantix seems to really work?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It does wonders, Heather. Only thing that has worked for me and I've tried everything out there. I'd stopped with it before.....then was stupid and started up again. I let husband convince me we didn't need to refill the prescription for it. :faint:

It is 10am and I've not yet had my first cigarette of the day. I just keep putting it off.

Now I've got to get husband started on his quick so by the time I run out of my 3 months he'll be in the same place. I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive or our insurance hadn't changed their minds about covering it.

*sigh*

F

flutterbee

Lisa -

Have you tried the Ohio Quit Line? I'm wondering if they might have discounts or coupons or something. Also, contact your health department. They might have discounts or coupons. Usually, those are for the patch, but with your heart issue....

It's worth a shot. It's so expensive. When I started having my heart attack symptoms, I was at wal-mart filling my Chantix prescription. LOL

Star*

call 911........call 911
daisy

TELL YOURSELF CONGRATULATIONS DEAR - THAT IS INCREDIBLE.....

oh and by the way - husband has mostly been an eskimo...Know what I mean?.
:tongue:

Tiapet

Old Hand
Way to go! :) Now if only I actually starting taking the darn Chantix myself maybe I'd actually be productive. :( I just don't seem to get to doing it. No excuses to use or even attempt to. I just don't.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

Thanks for the advise. Turns out I may need it.

husband just informed me we can't afford to refill my prescription, let alone start his. grrrrrrrrrr.

It isn't that I doubt him. I know our bills are outragious thanks to winter and gas prices. But this is what happened the last time I tried. :furious:

So, I'll give them a call and see if I can get some sort of discount.

I do have half of another packet left from the last time I tried to quit. So that gives me a little more time on the medication. If I can just make it til about the end of April I'll be able to pay for the scripts cause I'll have Spring quarters school loan refund.

I am not a happy camper right now. Being poor s*cks!

I'm not giving up yet though. I might have enough of the chantix to make it til that check comes. (I'll have to count them out in the morning) I'm doing really well, darn it. And somehow I'm gonna figure out how to make this work.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Hugs