I'm Freezing

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Okay. It's just not fair to go from 90 degrees to the 50's nearly overnite. Or maybe I'm just getting old and my body can't take it anymore. lol

We currently have a windchill of 49 degrees. It's been gloomy and spitting rain all day. And I've been freezing my pitooey off. I haven't had a warm moment since the nightsweats I had last night. :thumbsdown:

So why doesn't this silly woman turn on her furnace, you ask?

Well, I did. Only got cold air. Ice cold air. Seems the darn pilot is out again this year. Don't worry, it has a switch that cuts off the gas the moment it goes out, so I'm not going to be blown up or die of gas fumes.

husband had the furnace guy come out last year cuz for the life of him he couldn't figure out where to lite the thing. The guy showed husband and was nice enough not to charge for the call.

I told husband when he came home from working Occupational Therapist (OT) today that he'd have to lite the pilot in the morning. He wasn't thrilled with me. lol It's not so easy to do.

So I've finally broken down and lit my oven. It's on 375 and the door is OPEN. I'm going to get warm! Okay, probably more expensive, but at least my teeth will stop chattering. lol

Oh, our old victorian is well insulated. Stays cool in the summer, warm in winter. BUT if it's cool inside, it STAYS cool inside til you do something to warm it up. Insulation can work against you as well as for you. ugh

F

flutterbee

Well, if you did blow up at least you would be warm. :devil:

I know all about not being able to get warm. Before March of this year, I was freezing ALL. THE. TIME. I mean goosebumps and everything. What works best is to soak in a hot bath or shower. When I'm really cold, I don't turn on the exhaust fan when I take a shower. I let the steam stay in the bathroom so I'm not freezing as soon as I get out.

I know what you mean about the temperature change, though. I'm not so cold like I was before March (Thank God), but I'm having a hard time adjusting. Cold one minute, hot the next.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Well, if you did blow up at least you would be warm. </div></div>

:rofl: :rofl:

Too true.

I'll do the soaking in a hot tub right before bed. I KNOW how cold it is upstairs. lol

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't had a warm moment since the nightsweats I had last night. </div></div>

:rofl: I can relate, Lisa. :rofl:

It was so chilly at 4 am that I got up and turned on the heat. Happily, the chilly rain left and it warmed up during the day but it cooled off again tonight.

Fall is here. sigh.

Winter is next. :tissue:

I hope you warm up soon.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
ONLY MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD =

would pray for night sweats to keep warm and the heating bill down.

Daisy - your home sounds wonderful! I'll swap ya...it was 73 today and now it's 65. Big fat hairy deal.

Whaaaaa I want to go to Ohio.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Daisy - we had the same weather up here. I broke down and finally turned on the heat after H pulled out the window AC's. difficult child was complaining it was soooo cold, but I'm a stickler for keeping the oil bill down.

Do you have a fireplace? We have a wood burning stove in the basement that we use in dead winter to help out. It's a nice thing.

Keep warm, bundle up.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yep. I have a gorgious fireplace in the front parlor which is totally useless. The moron who remodled this house decided to close off the chimney to it. And it was a gas fireplace to boot. :slap:

Someday I'll have that fixed. A promise I made to myself when we bought this house, and repeated during the ice storm that kept us without heat for 3 weeks during the winter.

The oven did the trick. I love gas stoves. lol Warmed the house right up. Errrrr, well, the downstairs anyway. lol My trusty gas stove kept us from freezing to death during the above mentioned ice storm. :smile:

Star I won't swap homes. I had to get run over by a truck literally to get this one. But you're welcome to come to Ohio anytime. Other than the yo yo weather, it's beautiful in southern ohio in the fall.

by the way I don't WISH for nightsweats. lol But I get them every night anyway. :faint:

K

Kjs

We have a frost warning tonight. I believe the forcast is for 34 degrees. We have not turned the furnace on yet. Mornings are usually the coolest in the house. The days I am home, I have been baking as early as 4:30am. By the time difficult child gets up for school he has something freshly baked, and a warmed house.

Plus..difficult child has a waterbed. it is so very warm and cozy.

Night sweats...heck, not just at night. Trouble with that is once the hot flash subsides (for 20 minutes) you are then freezing more because you are all sweaty. I gave in on this it was so bad. I am now using HRT patch. Helps somewhat, but still have the hot flashes just not as frequent or as long.

As long as difficult child is in school, husband is at work we don't need to heat it. If I am home during the day it is usually only to sleep. I would just crawl into the waterbed.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I think we are going to break down soon to turn on the heat. husband and I sort of have this thing in the change from hot to cool and back to see who has to have the furnace or air first. Some years it is him some it is me. So easy child is currently buried under a couple comforters and wearing flannel jammies and socks to bed. She hates the change. Course we keep cool in hear in the winter anyway and she isn't real fond of that either.

Me I just add more layers.

Beth

I am LOVING this cool weather. Like Beth, I keep it cool in the house.

You can always add more layers.

I'll turn on the heat when we can see our breath in the house.

meowbunny

If it weren't for winter, I'd happily move up north. I love the fall chill. Really miss it down here. But I DON'T DO SNOW. Snow is for skiiing, making snowmen and angels, throwing at each other and trying to catch a snowflake on your tongue. It is not something you commute in, go shopping in, try to walk in because you have to. So, if anyone wants to trade homes for the fall, shout out! I'll take your chills you take the nice, warm weather here. However, first snowfall and I want my house back!