I'm getting caramel rolls for breakfast! YEAH!

Andy

You are all invited over. difficult child has been in the kitchen for almost an hour. He made up some caramel sauce and now is working on the dough for the rolls.

The bread machine is in process and at 7:00 he will roll out the dough, sprinkle it with sugar and cinnamon, roll up the dough in a snake form, cut out the rolls and prepare the pan for overnight raising. When I get up in the morning, I will preheat the oven and rolls done about 7:30 am! Sure going to make getting out of bed easier tomorrow.

I absolutely love caramel rolls! difficult child's cinnamon rolls turned out very good the other day though he did not like the frosting I made for them.

He wants to take the machine on an upcoming sleepover so the boys can make homemade pizza and then he will make caramel rolls for breakfast. I'll have to stop in on my way out of town that morning for my share!

I am so glad we got this bread machine!

trinityroyal

I have no idea what caramel rolls are, but anything with caramel in it gets my vote!

Enjoy them Andy. And good for difficult child for experimenting with the bread maker. And with sweet treats too!

Trinity

M

ML

I would love to come over for the company but better stick with my fiber 1 lol.

Andy

Trinity, I can't believe you don't know about these! O.k., you have to do this: Really is very easy especially if you choose option 2.

Option 1:
Take a package of breaddough (or make your own).
Roll it out into a rectangle
Butter it
Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on it
Roll it up long ways to form a snake.
Cut out the rolls.

Or:

OPTION 2:
Buy frozen cinnamon rolls, place on the caramel sauce, and follow package instructions on time and temp to bake.

Place in cake pan on top of caramel sauce:
Melt together on stove (difficult child did in microwave) but do not cook:
1 Cup Brown sugar
1 stick butter
2 Tablespoons milk
1 package vanilla pudding (do not use instant)
1 tsp cinnamon
nuts (optional)

Let raise (only takes a few hours - can place in warm oven for quicker rising time)

Cook about 20 - 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.

trinityroyal

Gosh, Andy.
I'm curling my toes in anticipation. I happen to have a cinnamon roll kit in my pantry. So...off to the grocery store in search of caramel sauce on my way home today.

Yum!

Thanks for posting the recipe.

Andy

Trinity, You don't BUY caramel sauce, you MAKE it. That is the part with vanilla pudding (not instant), butter, brown sugar, cinnamon melted (don't let it cook).