I'm getting tired of this roller coaster

Wiped Out

Staff member
ride. difficult child seemed to be in a much better place when he came home last Thursday night. He was extremely hyper or manic (hard to tell which at times) but his overall mood was much more pleasant and even.

The last two days, however, have not been fun. He was violent yesterday morning pushing boundaries all day long. Today he has been very rude and threatening. The psychiatrist was surprise how wound up difficult child was yesterday. We had decided not to do any tweaking on medications just yet because I had goofed up his Loxapine dosage last Friday and husband had given him the wrong amount of Clonidine while I was gone on Sat-Monday. However, if something doesn't change soon we will be doing some quick tweaking.

I am so frustrated because I was really hoping for better results after the hospitalization.

klmno

((HUGS)) I don't blame you at all for feeling that way- it would have pushed me over the edge a long time ago. I think he's going to need more than typical outpatient- what happened with the people/agency that had given you access to the respite? Sorry but I don't remember what all that involved- just that you had respite for some time then it ran out. Isn't there some agency somewhere that can access more intensive services for him? I'm really worried that he's learning he can get by with this violence toward you and it's going to be something very dangerous and serious for you both someday. You don't deserve to live that way.

crazymama30

Ohhhhh I wish the psychiatric hospital stay had helped more. I hope things even out, and if they don't that a good medication tweak is in the future.

LittleDudesMom

Sharon,

I'm so sorry difficult child is kinda back to the usual. I never thought the hospital stay was long enough - a medication tweak needs more time than he was given. The medication up and down can't be helping either. Hugs Sharon.

Sharon

KTMom91

I'm sorry, Sharon. Hope things even out soon. I know you hoped for better results from the hospitalization. Many hugs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
K-Right now we still have respite available since difficult child was hospitalized. Those services were suppose to end at the end of March but with his hospitalization they couldn't discharge him. However, after a meeting in April we may not have them anymore.

Crazymama-Thanks for the good wishes-I'm hoping a medication tweak will help.

Sharon-Thanks for the hugs and understanding.

Mary-Thank you-we were really hoping for more from the hospitalization.

Hoping for a better day today.