I'm going to be a difficult child senior

hexemaus2

Old hand
Yup. I've made my decision. I'm going to follow my father's advice and live long enough to become a pain the &#% to my children.

I want to be a difficult child senior citizen when I grow up.

I'm going to throw food and refuse to take my medications.

I'm going to wander off and not tell anyone where I'm going.

I'm going to use my children's credit cards to buy useless knick knacks that never get unpacked, then claim I don't remember who they (kids) are or what they're talking about.

I'm going to misbehave so my private duty nurse has to call my children daily about my behavior problems.

I'm going to move in with my children and "accidentally" knock holes in the walls with my cane or walker, then again claim to not have a clue what they're talking about.

I'll behave beautifully with doctors and medical professionals when I'm in-patient so they think my children are looney when they complain about afore mentioned bad behaviors.

I'm going to teach their children how to dance on restaurant tables and car roofs, screaming until everyone in the room stares in shock and disbelief.

I'm going to throw fits in Wally World and the grocery store when they tell me I can't have something.

Oh, I can see that aging is going to have its perks.

Yup. Yup. That is my goal - to be a little blue haired, hump-backed, cane-toting difficult child senior. Suddenly, I don't mind the gray hair so much. :D

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm pretty sure I have an oppositional streak that came from living with a difficult child. I like to think I'm more of a curmudgeon. (don't you love that word?)

hexemaus2

Old hand
I love it, Fran. I like to think of myself as cantankerous, but I'm going to have to add curmudgeon - just because it will make the difficult children go find the dictionary before they can respond! lol. :D

H

HaoZi

Have to say my kiddo already knows where she gets it from, and she gets it honest.

DammitJanet

Im afraid my kids are already afraid they are going to have to take care of me...lol. They got a good taste of it with my mom and then when I was so sick, there were times they had to feed me or even dress me and help me to the potty...or even forbid, get me on and off the bedpan. Right now I am swearing I am going to a nursing home because I dont want to live with any of the women they have in their lives...lol. Im afraid they would kill me given half a chance!