I'm going to be the grandmother of a little GIRL!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MidwestMom, Nov 6, 2007.

1. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

I'm so excited that I had to share. My son found out yesterday. Although I love my boys, I really wanted another girl to dress up and spoil with clothes. I hear being a grandmother is GREAT!
    Just a happy vent!

2. wakeupcall

wakeupcall Well-Known Member

MWM, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I have had so much fun with my three granddaughters, and they even live 2000 miles away! My middle granddaughter is the one who has stolen my heart, though I'm very careful not to show favoritism. She is very, very, girlie (more like me) and she carries a purse EVERYwhere (she just turned four)! I'm so excited for you!!

3. goldenguru

goldenguru New Member

Oh congratulations MWM!!

You are in for the joy of your life. I have a 10 month old grand daughter who is the light of my life. She is the most precious thing to grace this earth (give me a little grandmotherly indulgence OK? :smile: ).

Rejoicing with you.

4. Nina

Nina New Member

Congratulations

5. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Congrats!!!

6. SRL

SRL Active Member

Congratulations to the Grandma To Be!

7. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

MWM,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I always like happy news first thing in the morning!!! WFEN

8. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Congratulations Granmda!!!

:dance:

9. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Congratulations -

So what are you to be? A Grandma, Grammy, Nana? Had you thought about it?

Happy for you!
    Nice news to start our day off with - thanks!

10. nvts

nvts Active Member

Congratulations! Have we a due date? There is soooo much cool stuff out there for new babies now! Wait'll you see some of the new stuff!

Enjoy!!

Beth

11. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

:smile: Congratulations!!! What exciting news!!

12. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Congratulations!!!! How fun... sweet little baby toes.

13. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Congratulations!

14. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Grandpa

Congratulations. Grandmothers make the world go 'round, you know.

15. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Are you kidding me????

Being a grandma is what I've looked forward to my entire life. And it's nothing short of wonderful heaven!!! :its_all_good:

Just spent the day with both Darrin and Aubrey, we all went out to lunch. And this evening I'm going with Darrin to see the Bee movie. Yippee!!!

Congratulations Grandma. Ohhhhh, baby girls are so much fun to buy for, and they have so much cute stuff out there you'll probably have trouble controlling yourself. :rofl:

You're gonna have soooo much fun!!

16. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Congrarts! Happy planning!

17. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Congrats!!

18. VLong

VLong New Member

Congrats from one grandma-to-be to another!! We've got a little girl coming in about 7 weeks. I am beyond excited! My son's girlfriend, Ashley, had her shower last weekend and let me tell you it took all I had not to buy out Target and Kohl's of every little girl outfit from size newborn to about teenage size!

:dance: :smile: :bravo:

19. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Congratulations. Being a grandmother is the coolest thing. And little girl clothes are just so darn cute!!!

20. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone. I already ran out and bought a frilly little sleeper that says "I Love Mommy" and a teeny little sweatshirt that says "Daddys Angel" (covering all bases). They didn't have anything small enough for Grandma, but I'll be looking hard.
    The happy event is due March 23 2008. She'll have a wardrobe up to her teens if I keep up this buying...lol.
    Thanks again :wink: You guys always rock.