I'm going to gloat right now.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I had some SMOKING HOT guy ask me out for a date today. :faint:He's Australian and very young...lovely accent. He's, maybe 30 at best. He came through my line with one small hard roll. He gave me a folded piece of paper and said to read it later. It simply said, "Can we have a date?" Then his phone number. Now that I think back, he's been very friendly. I'm so oblivious.

Now I guess I'm 20 years his senior and married.

Ummm...junior, I'm almost 50. And, I have this appendage called a husband.

This should be an interesting day tomorrow. No, no date. But it was a bit flattering. Made me feel young again. Kind of a bit awkward. I'll have to break the news. ;)

Abbey

klmno

A little flattery never hurt! Glad you had a good day- just don't forget to break that news- I hate to hear of a hunk being heart-broken!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ooooooh! An accent! Whew! *fanning myself* I love Aussie accents. A good Scottish brogue will get me everytime too. I'd be tempted to "go for coffee" just to listen to him talk.

:rofl:

Let him down easy. OMG That was so sweet. :D

Abbey

Spork Queen
I told husband about it and I just got the rolly eyes. Then he reminds me that he's leaving for 3 weeks in early October. Hmmm... (kidding) One thing I don't need is more drama in my life.:tongue:

Maybe I'll visit the deli a bit more often. Slap on the wrist!!! No, Abbey, NO! Bad girl!

Abbey

Marguerite

Abbey - buy a packet of California dates and have them ready for the next time you cross paths.

I can't get used to people commenting on the sound of an Aussie accent - I can't hear anything.

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awwww...the Aussie accent is so alluring, Marg. I don't know what it is about it, but it's sweet.

One accent I can't stand (SORRY!!!) is a strict southern accent. It's like nails on a blackboard for me. Or, maybe the parrot accent. That one is not so good either.

I will go to work today with my hands tied behind my back, no cell, no phone number. That might make it a bit challenging to check groceries, but a girl has to do what a girl needs to do. Now...where is my makeup? :bigsmile:

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Slinks off to the corner

I'm not fond of extreme southern accents either. Most especially on males. And Boston or many New Yorker accents I can't even understand them when they're talking. lol

Marj you don't notice because you live there. I've been away from home so long that when my family comes to visit their "country twang" nearly makes me crack up laughing. (noticed again this weekend) I never noticed it at all when I lived back home.

TerryJ2

Awww, Abbey, too cute! We all need that once in a while.

You're way up on me. I got loads of compliments and requests for dates last wk (aka, "The only thing wrong with-you is that you're married") but all the guys were over 80.
Yup, just rarin' to go at that retirement home.

DammitJanet

Hey! You guys are pickin on my southern accent! And if you think mine is bad, you should hear Tony's and Jamies...or good lord Cory! Jamie was so southern country that when he entered the Marines they nicknamed him Big Country...lol.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww, Abbey, too cute! We all need that once in a while.

You're way up on me. I got loads of compliments and requests for dates last wk (aka, "The only thing wrong with-you is that you're married") but all the guys were over 80.
Yup, just rarin' to go at that retirement home.

Ha!:rofl::rofl:Yeah, got that, too. Had some very older gentleman come in yesterday with a very nice steak. I said, "Well, seems like you're going to have a great dinner! What's your address?" He says, "You got a pen?" I nearly died laughing.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I had some SMOKING HOT guy ask me out for a date today. :faint:He's Australian and very young...lovely accent. He's, maybe 30 at best. He came through my line with one small hard roll.
Abbey

I JUST BET.

SHAME SHAME......SHAME SHAME.......:tongue:

everywoman

Star---to your corner NOW!!! While I'm rolling on the floor and now have to go change my pants from laughing so hard, because the same thought entered my head----you're just bolder than I am.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Marg, Aussie accents (especially on a hot hunk of a man) are one of the best things out there! LOL General American "accents" (no Southern, no Boston, no New York.....just regular plain American English), to me is one of the plainest languages there is. If you ever think about it, listen to something an American says and then record yourself or someone else from Oz saying the same thing. There's a HUGE difference. Get the right voice behind it, Aussie, Irish or Scottish (among others ) accents give me the shivers and the good kind at that!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Star---to your corner NOW!!! While I'm rolling on the floor and now have to go change my pants from laughing so hard, because the same thought entered my head----you're just bolder than I am.

Alright you guys...BAD GIRLS!!!

He came through my line again today with the 'hard roll' (STOP IT!!) asked if I read the note. Yes, I thanked him. I told him my husband was leaving town in a week and would call. You should have seen his eyes. HUSBAND? I just laughed. He was so embarrassed.

Abbey

Marg's Man

You could live through Marg, too.

She LIVES with an Aussie, hears the accent all the time.

Marg's Man

Note to self - must check if he's me.