I'm going to have...

flutterby

Fly away!
...to break out the cane again. :(

My lower back and hips had been so much better. I could actually walk around without significant pain. Balance was still an issue, but I can always grab onto something. Well, almost always.

This is a full-on flare and my lower back and hips are going. It started yesterday and I was hoping it was just a fluke. But, no, it's already hard to stand. I even called my doctor as soon as I realized what this flare was going to be like and asked for steroids. I *hate* steroids.

I hate this. The other stuff has been debilitating, but at least I was mobile. Now, walking is again becoming an exercise in torture.

I haven't received the results from the Cushing's tests. I have all of the physical symptoms of Cushing's, but this acts like autoimmune. I'm running a fever again, have the "flare headache" that nothing will touch, have the flare brain fog... Sigh. I just want.... I don't know what I want. I just want it to stop.

Thanks for the ear. I'm feeling really down tonight.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh Heather,
You are in my prayers daily, that they will figure out what is wrong and get you on the road to good health. I'm sorry you are in so much pain and hope that this flare doesn't last long. I hope you get some answers soon. Gentle hugs.

by the way, totally off subject but I was driving to work yesterday and the license plate in from of me said Wynter and I immediately thought of you:)

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hate it when your head says you want to do something and the body says: Not today! Wishing you relief and better days ahead.......

maril

I am sorry you are facing those very difficult health challenges. Hopefully, you will get a better picture of what is going on and get treatment to provide some relief. Positive thoughts and prayers for healing being sent your way.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I just want.... I don't know what I want. I just want it to stop.

You want some relief, you want a break, yes, you want it to stop! When did they say the results would be back? Can you call and be the squeaky wheel?

It sure does sound like an autoimmune disorder. If they could just decide what it is, then maybe they could start treating it more effectively.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

flutterby

Fly away!
Thanks for listening, ladies, and for the support.

I've dealt and I'm not feeling down anymore. Frustrated, yes, but I imagine I'll have that to some degree or another for quite some time. At least until there is a diagnosis. The last flare like this lasted about 8 months with some ebbing and flowing, so I can't stay down about it. Life has to go on.

Star*

call 911........call 911
H,

Have you ever tried Relpax for headaches? The reason I ask is because DF had one the other day from back pain (I'm sure) and I finally GOT him to take one and within 30 minutes he was feeling better.

Pfizer makes them, they are expensive - but you should be able to get a free sample.

Hope you are feeling better today. AND DUde has offered to carve you a grapevine cane if you would like one. He makes really beautiful natural looking canes.