I'm going to jump off a cliff!!!

TerryJ2

:sick:The sun is out and school is closed because it MIGHT snow!!!!!
They did this last week, too (or was it the week b4?) Does it matter?
Yesterday I went for a walk. About 20 flakes hit my face. Did school close? NOOooooo. But now that the sun is out ...
difficult child says, "I like my school." SMirk, smirk.:mad:

Andy

Say what????? I can see why difficult child likes his school. We go from our school not closing for several years until the town was actually in the midst of the storm to your school not closing because it MIGHT snow? I used to pull my kids out of school before school closed because it was already too dangerous to travel and I wanted them home safely. I always felt sorry for those kids who lived North and West of town since I am sure many roads were closed before the SD would send the kids home.

And your situation is the opposite. Good weather and no school! You can bet whoever is making those calls are not paying for daycare or have to figure out what to do with kids out of school while they have to work. They should still have school and watch for an early out! Especially if there is nothing on the radar.

janebrain

that's weird to me--we would hardly ever have school here if they closed because it "might" snow!
Good luck with your day!
Jane

Janna

You jump ~ I jump.

D has a 2 hr delay. BUT, J doesn't LMAO! What's that all about? I dunno.

We got a "dusting", and that's putting it mild. Why is he having a 2 hr delay? The only reason I can come up with is I did something bad and this is my consequence.

I'm so sorry :(

L

luvmyottb

We have about 1.5 inches of snow and our school is closed. My kids are thrilled. Moving here from Colorado, we just giggle at the school situation and snow.

Kids saw flakes last night and they were saying no school tomorrow. They were right!

DammitJanet

I live in NC and we had about 2 inches about 2 weeks ago and the schools closed. Today we actually got a bit more but it was dry and didnt stick to the roads because the past week was pretty warm so they only delayed the schools and county offices. Now I think the counties north of me are closed. Down here it doesnt take much to close us down here in the south. I have seen us get closed for "we think its gonna snow or we think we are gonna have a hurricane."

B

bran155

Jeesh, we could be having an all out blizzard here in NY and our kids have school!!! Do they close for the rain? Because I think that sometimes the rain is even worse than the snow!!

Hang in there. Pray that bedtime comes quick!!! :)

TerryJ2

Yeah, here they look out the window and see a snowflake and act like it's nuclear fallout. :(
On top of it, my printer broke.
Guess I'd better brave those deep drifts and raging gales and buy another one ...

B

bran155

Okay I am going nuts. I put LMAO all in capitals and it wont take!!! ***!!!