I'm going to kill this kid across the street.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey, that's when my reputation for being the meanest, badest Mom in the "hood began. :devil:

Sad part was that I think he was a good kid at heart. A difficult child, definately. Had some serious problems, you bet. Growing up in that family alone would be enough to give someone serious issues.

He hung around us after that. Always used "Yes, Ma'am, and No Ma'am to me." Was very helpful, starved for some real attention. Which is how I became his rescuer some 3 months later.

by the way, Older brother wound up in jail - various drug charges in addition to charges for beating up younger brother. Mother also wound up doing a long stint in jail. Both the sister and the 12 yr old went into foster care....and were much relieved to be going.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lisa, you sound a lot like the way mom was growing up. She went up against the most hard-behind kids in our neighborhood. One in particular was the son of a local mafia's boss. He was trash talking my older sister in front of our house. It was night time. My mother went out the back door and stood by the gate listening for a bit. When his back was turned she quietly walked out there and then grabbed him by the collar and shook him real hard, got in his face and told him "If you so much LOOK in my daughter's direction, or any one of my family, in the wrong way or open up your little pi$$-ant mouth again, I will sweep this very street with your @$$ again, do you HEAR me?? Do you??" He said, "Yeah, lets see what my father has to say about that" to which my mother replied, "Go home and tell your father what I told you and if he wants to come talk to me, tell him to come by and I'd be happy to discuss everything I heard you say about my daughter this evening." And then she walked away. Not only did his father make his son apologize, but I guess he got a good whooping because every time he saw my mom, he greeted her, "Good morning, Mrs JoG" and he never EVER spoke to any of my sisters again. Every kid on the block was afraid of my mom.

I think it's important for kids to know they are the kids and the adults are the adults. And it shouldn't matter that you're not related. Good for you~