I'm Home

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That was a frustrating 24 hrs or so to say the least.

But at least we now know my heart is in really good shape. I'm certainly not knocking that news. :) Stress tests came back really good. Blood tests came back really good......except creatinine was a bit high so they put me on an IV.....which didn't do a whole lot that way as my output stayed very low. It did make giving medications much easier, so I'm not complaining about that either.

First doctor thought either chronic bronchitis. Let's face it, I have a nasty cough. BUT I don't have bronchitis right now.......hayfever is doing a number on me, and still while the cough sounds horrid when I cough, I was hardly coughing at all. But after we started ruling some things heart related out, he was thinking more along the lines of complications due to that old injury where I got hit by the truck (the one that gave me the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)). This made much more sense.

The left arm pain is downright excruciating......it radiates from the armpit down to the hand and starts every vessel spasming, then radiates into the chest.......along the collar bone........and yeah. Not at all pleasant. Feels like someone spearing me in the armpit with a white hot metal poker. When it radiates.......let's just say torture would be pleasant in comparison. Morphine didn't touch the pain. Nitro glycerin under the tongue was a blessing.....it dilated the vessels and stopped the spasms. So when it was excruciating, doctor used the nitro. (can't use it too much as it causes huge drops in b/p)

Stayed over night for the stress test because it had been a few years since the last one. doctor was being careful, and I wasn't thrilled.......but it was high time to make sure it was/was not the heart.

I'm very relieved it isn't. :)

But I've had this complication happen with the right shoulder several years ago. It took nearly a month to finally stop the spasms........and strong pain medications and a strong muscle relaxer. That one was caused by bone fragments getting caught up in the joint and aggravating the nerves.......once they reaches a certain point, they refused to calm down again. But I'll tell you, it was no where near as bad as this.

That "could" be what is happening this time. Or it could be something else........something with the nerve (might be, I've had this off and on for 8 yrs, just never this severe or last this long) or something else.......like a clot or whatever. Follow up will be with family doctor to have the other testing done. This confused Nichole.......but this is how they do it now. You're admitted for a certain reason or diagnosis, once they've tested/treated for that diagnosis, you're discharged. If there is something else going on, you start over again. Hence the follow up with fam doctor.

I've got my blood pressure medications back, doubled. And the pain medications. And I've for Fred's nitro for when the pain medications won't cut it for the pain. I am in a lot of pain at times......other times it's not so bad.

I got lucky in that this coincided with being approved for medicaid. (thank heaven)

easy child is right that when I got really bad the other night (and omg was it really bad) my brain shut down. The next morning I felt a bit better........and told her and then you know the rest.

I didn't get the lasix back yet as it seems both hospitalist were too chicken to script it, although I explained I have renal insufficiency and that while yes it does deplete potassium, for me that is not an issue, never has been. I have to be very cautious my potassium doesn't get too high. And even with the high doses of lasix, I don't go enough to be depleted of potassium. But fam doctor has and will script it again to cover until I get back with the nephrologist. Medicine is too specialized, and people tend to forget things not within their specialty.......and I just get tired of having to explain over and over again. I just wasn't up to the argument this time.

The pain isn't too bad at the moment. But my chest and arm feels like I've been beaten up......it's sore as heck.

I did go ahead and get the flu shot and pneumonia shot while I was there.

The kids did ok. I sent easy child into a panic attack, poor kid. (was having flashbacks of her dad) Nichole did ok because she was chatting with me while I was waiting on easy child and I explained that I was pretty sure it wasn't serious. Grandkids didn't do as well. Brandon was very scared Nana might not come home and very worried. Aubrey and Darrin were very worried. Nichole brought me home so Aubrey got to see I was ok. Then I stopped in at easy child's so her boys could see Nana was ok........that the docs "fixed" me.

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts, very much appreciated.

Steely

Hugs, glad it wasnt your heart, but still sounds miserable and like you will now be on a hunt for the source of the pain. So sorry.

T

TeDo

I'm happy you're home but I REALLY wish they had figured out what was causing the pain. It sounds so frustrating, especially when even morphine doesn't help.

I hope you're feeling better soon and that you get some tolerable answers.

busywend

Good to see you are at home and I HOPE resting up! Be good to you! That had to be so scary for you all given it was just a year ago with Fred. So glad your heart is all good!

Keep us updated on the doctor visits. We have to know you are well!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My energy level is at zero. I don't think 'resting up" is going to be much of an issue. lol I think I'm dealing with some icky after effects of the vaccines this morning.

Soon as welfare sends my actual medical "card" in the mail, doctor appoints will be made.........and I'll be very busy.

Today my most adventurous plan is a nap lol

TerryJ2

Lisa, goodness, such a "good" diagnosis and so many problems with-so much pain! I hate pain, and a red hot poker in the armpit is ... the pits.
Many gentle hugs coming your way.
Thank you for the update.

Lisa,

I'm sorry I'm getting here so late!! I'm glad you're home!! Sorry about all that pain and hope you feel better ASAP!!

Hugs... SFR

P.S. Timing is everything - So glad you got approved for Medicaid!!