I'm in detective mode (cue suspisious sound)

Abbey

Spork Queen
My lovely 18 year old easy child has been severely restricted from using his cell phone too much. Or...he can buy and pay for his own.

Once before his girlfriend's mom gave him HER cell phone so they could talk suryply (can't spell that word) for hours and hours. I made him give it back. girlfriend has moved out of state to attend college.

Today, I notice an unknown cell phone sitting in the laundry room. Now, since I'm the ONLY person who enters that room, I found that odd.

So, I take quiet time in the bathroom to explore. (You know...fan on, no one can hear you and they don't want to come near because of what might be going on.) Found out how to unlock the phone. I'm not an idiot. Then sat for...geez...at least 30 minutes reading through the text messages.

All I can say, is don't mess with mamma. He hasn't asked about the phone because he's not supposed to have it and doesn't know I have it. His girlfriend, as of 6pm has called 14 times. She also doesn't know about the messages he sent to OTHER girls.:furious:

This should be interesting.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I soooooooooooooo would've done the same thing. Personally, I'd keep the phone well hidden and not give a single hint you're on to him.

Let him sweat.:devil:

tammyjh

Omgosh...that is hilarious! wouldn't you just love to know what he's thinking right now? I know I'm curious and he's not even mine:rofl:

Coookie

Yep Abbey,

I would have done the same thing. :laughing: I think being mother's of difficult children hones our detective skills. :)

Hugs

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
We all know at some point he will say,"Have you found my FRIEND'S phone?" Can the messages be forwarded? OOOOOOOhhhh, I could do some real damage with that phone............I admire your restraint!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Agent 007

Colonel Mustard in the dining room with a lead pipe. Mrs. Peacock in the kitchen with a noose.

Pick up your paycheck at the embassy.

(cryptic message will destruct when email is read)

Signed
Spider Pig

Abbey

Spork Queen
I am SOOOOO tempted to send a text to girlfriend. Something really juicy. But I slapped my hand and said no. I haven't checked it yet today...got a job to do now. ;)

Abbey

Nancy

Deb,

Yesterday I spent the better part of the day gooing through difficult child's cell phone checking texts and calls. I also redownloaded her contacts into the computer so I have a current list of all the numbers in her phone to check against the bills. We have her cell locked up right now because of some serious issues I posted about in General but in addition to all that she made 6,000 texts in 16 days. She now has no texting ability for if and when she ever gets the phone back.

I'd love to know how you got the phone unlocked. Fortunately we got her phone before she was able to lock it, but I'd like to know for future refernce.

Let me know when easy child realizes you have the phone.

Nancy

Abbey

Spork Queen
Unlocking a phone is usually pretty simple. It is a combination of hitting one button then the star key. Sometimes you have to do it at the same time. So...I fiddled and fiddled, but eventually got it. Most phones today have the big toggle button in the middle. I pressed that, then star...and walaa!!

The other thing I checked is the owner info. Yep...registered to girlfriend's mom.

Only 9 calls so far today from girlfriend. Keep in mind that easy child is in SCHOOL right now. Geez...

She is a lovely girl, but is so controlling of easy child. It's in a real subtle way. I DO NOT appreciate her parents encouraging this when they know we are not a fan.

Have a girlfriend/boyfriend, but it should be reasonable. Nine phone calls by 9am is ridiculous.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
6,000 texts in 16 days??????? That's one every 4 minutes, assuming she never sleeps. Yikes!

I've never enabled text for easy child's phone (not the girlfriend's phone...they can pay for that), but I do know he logged a whopping 5000 minutes in 5 days when he first got it. Yank phone.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
((((looking for a silver lining))))))

If she has her hands on a phone texting 16 hours a day - she DOES NOT have her hands on your easy child.

-Just a little mother of the son humor for you!!!!

DDD

I think that in addition to having passed the Detachment 101,201,301 and 401........you have also gotten an "A" in Detective 101,201,301 and 401.

Personally, I am stuck at the 301 level due to my lack of technological expertise! :redface: DDD

PS: girlfriend's Moms have been a problem in our family too. One Mom actually told me "your son is a GOOD CATCH". Geez, he is not a tuna!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...batteries are about dead. My detective mode might have to go silent. Thought about finding the charger...might be suspicious.

We're only at 14 missed calls from girlfriend today. It's 2pm. CAN SHE GET A LIFE??? She's in college for heavens sake. Go make friends. Party. Do what young adults do.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
How silly of me. I just went in his room, found the charger, and the phone is charging right now...and he's at work!! I'll just unplug and do the daily routine.

Ok, do you think I have too much time on my hands???:sheepish:

Abbey

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
I had to read this post tonight as I read it first thing this morning and I needed (or wanted) to know if easy child had asked if you had found the phone of his friend LOL.

I would have been the detective also. You know he is probably wondering where he left the phone right now.....

TerryJ2

:devil2:Abbey, you sat in the bathroom and unlocked the phone and you didn't accidentally drop it in the toilet? Sheesh ... an Indian lady gives birth on a moving train and the baby goes through the toilet and onto the tracks, and you managed to hang onto a silly phone? You're simply not using enough hand lotion, my dear.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Terry...you're cracking me up.

YES I still have the phone. It is hostage at this point. It's fully charged and easy child hasn't said anything yet. One thing you should know about me is that I am 10X more stubborn than anyone else. It's a waiting game now.

I can say that I've never dropped one in a toilet.:furious: Lost it in a bra...yeah. Just plain lost one, yes.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
OK, Abbey, I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED!! Your bazoombas must be really impressive if you can lose a cell phone in your bra!!! WOW!!!!

Keep us updated, anyone want to start a pool for how long he will wait before he asks for it???

Hugs,
Susie