I'm just crying here

slsh

member since 1999
Literally, tears running down my face. difficult child got an A in English (in college), a class he was sure he was going to fail. Sigh... he still has perception problems, LOL. But I am just so tickled and *so* proud of him!!!!! And I can't cheer lead too much in front of him because he's never done well with- praise, so I just *had* to come here and share with- you guys.

Have hope. How your difficult child is at 6, 8, 11, 15, 18, is *not* necessarily how they will be forever (thank goodness).

klmno

Way To Go, difficult child!!!

I bet your eyes are beaming behind those tears!!

Your story and your difficult child's story is such an inspiration to me- I love reading your posts but this one is at the top!

StressedM0mma

Nice job difficult child!! Thank you for writing those words about how they are different as they age. I am so hoping this is true. I will be holding on tightly to those words.

buddy

congratulations. So funny how some of our kids dont do well with praise. Q did something well yesterday and before I could even open my mouth he said, " and dont even try to tell me good job, I already know" We were in the car and so I turned around and drove off. I love that you came here to tell us! That is stupendous.

Well, a silent good job to difficult child!

T

TeDo

YEA difficult child! You should be proud of him. I know what you mean about accepting praise. difficult child 1 is the same way but difficult child 2 can never get enough. Dry those eyes and smile!! Thanks for giving me some hope. I needed that today.

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter how awful they can be as kids/teens, they CAN turn it around if they choose. It is wonderful to hear that he is doing so wonderfully!

svengandhi

Is this thank you? Congrats! My 21 year old easy child isn't even in college, let alone getting A's in English (which he considers a foreign language).

There is hope!

DammitJanet

WOW...gulp! Sue...dont take this the wrong way, but please, go get a dna sample. Im really afraid that something has happened and aliens have abducted thank you and there is a podperson living in his body...lol. But just in case this is all real.....

good job thank you! I am very proud of you. You have really turned it all around and even when you didnt think you could do it, we were all pulling for you!

Allan-Matlem

Hi,

for a second - you had me worried - Congrats . Praise is problematic because it is being judgmental - best just describe or ask how does he feel about the A , when he was so pessimistic

I read somewhere - psychologist said - you don't need to study psychology but english literature to know about people

Allan

slsh

member since 1999
Thanks, you guys. I knew you'd let me cheer. ;)

thank you was pretty darn happy. As he pointed out to his sibs, this is the very first "A" he's *ever* gotten in a class - ever. And he did it on his own - we paid the tuition, but the rest was entirely up to him. I don't think he's missed a single class, he's obviously done his assignments, he's been responsible for arranging rides for himself... I think Janet is right - a DNA test may be in order, LOL.

He is an absolute joy to be with nowadays. Truly. He's helpful around the house, one of the most considerate kids you could ask for (yes, I'm talking about thank you, LOL) Occasionally I get a twinge of sadness, wishing that we could have found the answer 15 years ago and avoided all the craziness, but... mostly I'm just so thankful that he's here now, is doing well, and has direction.