I'm leaving

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey -

It will all work out - it has to, you're in control of what you do from here on out.

Hugs & Love
Star

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm so sorry it's come to this Abs. I don't really have legal advice on the money but the same offer goes to you from here in Indiana. Yeah, it's cold here at the moment but it's not that way all the time. By the time it's nice and hot here (but cooler than Vegas) I'm hoping to have difficult child out of the house. If you give me a few hours notice to ensure that his room is fumigated...you are MORE than welcome to pop in any time!

Lots of DJ'ing places around here and some boring grocery stores that could use some creative talent!

Sending hugs. Check in when you can and let us know you got there ok.

KTMom91

Deb...I'm so sorry. Wish I had some magic answers for you. Please be safe and check in when you can. Many hugs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry to hear things have been so hard. I will be praying for you. I was wondering about the teaching thing too. I heard there are lots of teaching jobs in Vegas. Gentle hugs.

klmno

Wow, Abbey- I'm so out of touch with what's going on with a lot of other members right now. I'm very sorry to hear that things got to this point. I wish you strenght and offer my support through this. I remember you being happy before you moved- I hope many doors open up quickly for you. I find the most difficult changes are the ones where I don't know what is going to be "on the other side". Hang in there- with friends and support and confidence that you are doing what you need to do for yourself, you will get through this.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I must really be out of touch. I'm shocked and surprised. Hope this works out so you have the life you want.
Substitute teaching may be just what you need for now.

rejectedmom

Abbey, I am so sorry it has come to this. Since your husband is being such a jerk about the money acting as if it wasn't yours also, take whatever you can pawn to tide you over. Like HIS TOOLS I'm told they bring a nice buck or two at the pawn shop. Good luck to you! RM

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow, this is it, huh? I know you'd talked about this before... I'm sorry it's happening with you in a less-than-secure situation financially, but when enough's enough, you just have to take that leap of faith to get where you need to be.

You are a smart, smart lady and I'm sure you'll figure something out. I'm glad you've got a place to stay for the time being. Hang in there and let us know how you are when you land...

(((((HUGS)))))

K

Kjs

figures - I am driving through your town right after Easter and now you won't be there. Bummer. Guess i'll take the other way then.

On the bright side, a Trip to Vegas has always been in the back of my mind. Some place I always wanted to see.

keep in touch. And I am really sorry it has gotten this far.

As for the bank. Yep. I was the one who opened the accounts here. (go figure, I do everything). That was 20 some years ago. I wanted to open an account with JUST my name on it. I was told I cannot do so because I can only have one account with my social sec. on it. So if I wanted an account in MY name I could REMOVE husband.
I asked if he had to come in to sign anything. They told me no, i could remove him that day if I wanted. HaHaHa. But I didn't. I just went to another bank and opened my own account.

You take care. good luck. Stay strong. Post soon.

TerryJ2

Abbey, you have your wits about you. That's what you need at this point. Go for it!
I am so sorry your departure had to be precipitated like this, but you are doing the right thing.
Many hugs and best of luck finding a new job. You WILL do it!

donna723

Abbey, once you get situated and set up, I think you will be very pleasantly surprised. I spent 20 years married to one of those 'loose cannon' types - he's an alcoholic, there was constant verbal abuse, everything always up in the air, never enough money, unbelievable stress. After the big breakup, the first few months were BAD and scary ... but then gradually they started getting better and better! Just the absence of the constant conflict and stress was such a blessing! The peace and quiet was wonderful! I could finally think straight and put things into perspective. There was less money than before but I was making my own decisions - I could choose how to spend it - and it was enough. And as my stress levels went down, my confidence grew and grew and my self-esteem came back. I had forgotten that I ever had any!

What you're doing takes a lot of courage and I admire you for taking that big step. You will land on your feet and you will do fine! Please stay in touch and let us hear from you when you can.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Safe travels, Deb.

You will do wonderfully and be happy and at peace. You are treating yourself the way you want to be treated - with dignity and respect. I'm so happy and proud of you!

Although separating and breaking up a marriage is never easy or something anyone looks forward to, I'm glad you're doing this for yourself.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Or are we in a WI airport - waiting on a cancelled flight -

mstang67chic

Going Green
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Or are we in a WI airport - waiting on a cancelled flight -

Either way, I have to pee.

Hope your trip was hassel free. Check in when you can. Hugs.