I'm never going to stop grinding my teeth at this rate

tiredmommy

My brother that lives an hour away in Canada was taken to hospital via ambulance last evening. It was most likely an asthma attack, but they want a stress test to rule out angina. I didn't get home until 3AM.

Uncle.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((((hugs))))))

Adding your bro to my prayers, hon. I am glad they're checking further and not just writing it off as asthma.

I swear this stuff has to happen in bunches, I dunno why, but it certainly always seems to.

tiredmommy

Thanks, Lisa. And to top it off. younger dev disabled sis-in-law showed up just as I was leaving for the ER. She's been getting bullied at work and needed to talk to husband. Seems that someone at work gave her some unknown pill to take over a week ago and she's been worried and stressed ever since.

It's shaping up to be another fantastic holiday around here.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Adding in more prayers, TM. Sending the gentlest hugs; you have been dealing with so much lately with great grace.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Sending you hugs and hopes for peace and calm to come softly into your life...............bless you and your family.............

tiredmommy

Thank you everyone. I do have a mouth guard but it doesn't completely prevent me from clenching my teeth.

Dinner was stressful; I think everyone is aware that this is mother in law's last major holiday. It seemed especially hard on father in law.

As an aside, mother in law and Duckie talked a lot about mother in law's childhood and mother in law has asked Duckie to be there when she passes. She wants Duckie to play her viola for mother in law as she passes away. :crying:

InsaneCdn

Oh, TM. What a mixed-feelings request! A huge honor... and probably a bit too much to ask of a kid Duckie's age...
{{hugs}}

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Yeah, I would be on the fence too. Perhaps talking to Duckie, is she old enough to really understand everything? I'm sorry it's such a tough time for you. HUGS...............

rejectedmom

Insane beat me to that suggestion LOL. I agree that it might be a better solution. I am a clencher also and suffer from TMJ. I found that the softer mouth guard you buy for sports instead of the hard bite plate my orthodontist made worked better for me.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
You have had a lot on your plate lately - fingers crossed bro is ok and is nothing major

I don't know about Duckie and the live performance- maybe taping it and having it playing in the background. You don't want mother in law's last breath and all of the crying you know that will happen be associated to her Viola.

Marcie

DammitJanet

I think I would go for the taped piece too. That is just too much for a kid her age. Just the funeral will be hard enough but watching her grandmother take her last breath is hard for a grown adult. I stayed by my fathers side as long as I could and we thought he would make it through the night but he probably decided to save me that vision and died not long after I left. About 3 hours after I checked into the motel. I left his house at about 8:30 and he died somewhere around 11:45 pm. Hospice didnt get there till after midnite so they didnt pronounce him till after midnight.

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs))))) If the decision were up to me, I would tape Duckie performing and have that playing. But you do need to discuss this with Duckie and see what her feelings are. though the final choice should not be hers at this age, in my opinion.

PLEASE get a digital voice recorder or old fashioned tape recorder and get mother in law talkng about her childhood, when yoru husband and his sibs were kids, any/all family memories you possibly can get her to tell. If duckie is up to it, maybe let her take a morning or afternoon off of school to record her grandmother's stories. Those tapes will mean so very much in the years to come - to you, husband, his sibs, Duckie, and even Duckie's children. I know because we have some of my grandparents on mom's side and my great gma on dad's. At one point we sent cassette tapes to my grandparents instead of letters, and they sent some back. After my gpa was dead for a year or so, my gma gave them to me, along with her recipes (she hated cooking but had a stash of awesome recipes). At a couple of different times I copied those tapes and some of stories that they told to me on vacations and sent the copies to my cousins and aunts. then I did the same with the recipes, only they got xeroxed so we all have the handwriting, not just the recipes. They are truly family treasures to us, more than her jewelry or dishes or silver.

Please save these memories now. It will mean so much in years to come. Duckie will enjoy sharing them with her children too. My kids LOVE listening to my grands tell the family stories.

tiredmommy

Duckie and I discussed it at length this morning. She wants to do it. I told her I was okay with it as long as she wasn't upset or disturbed by it. She's decided that at least she will have something else to be focused on as mother in law is dying.