I'm not sure...

Abbey

Spork Queen
...what I ate this morning. Back track in time.

H came home from a gig about 3am. I heard the usual; cereal boxes opening, coffee being made, TV on. I just slept through it.

Got up at 6am to cats meowing for their morning treat. Said to H, "Stay asleep, I'll take care of the 9 critters."

Now, if you have birds, you know that SUNLIGHT is everything, so as long as you can keep it dark the peace and tranquility will continue (haha,.....). I walk in the kitchen in the dark to get the kitties their treat so they'll shut up and see a piece of food, which I THOUGHT was Cinnamon Toast cereal next to the box and made the wise decision to just pop it into my mouth rather than throwing it away. All I can say is it was NOT the cereal. I have no idea what it was.

As soon as I realized the taste was not right, it was too late to spit it out and examine it in the dark. For all I know I ate some pricey piece of cat food.

The taste was strong and crunchy. I am vexed.

This is how I live my day.

Abbey

H

HaoZi

I'm betting it's better than a mouthful of aquarium water when you're trying to get the tube started to do a partial water change on the tank. Usually I manage to get gravity to help me and don't get a taste, but every now and then I'm not fast enough.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL Abbey

If it makes you feel better...........pet food co have human tasters for their foods. So while it probably tasted bad it won't hurt you to have eaten it. lol

Not a great start to the day however.

Hao...........omg a mouthful of aquarium water? ewww Good reason to never have fish.

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, Hoa. Don't think I'd want that. I've tried to do the same with petrol in the past and not had a great experience.

donna723

I've never eaten dog or cat food yet, but I do know a girl who took her dogs' flea & tick preventative tablet by mistake instead of her vitamin! She was late to work and in a big rush - had them both sitting out on the kitchen counter, grabbed up one and swallowed it with a sip of water, then looked down and saw her vitamin was still there! They still refer to her as "Flea-free Jennifer"!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh yeah?........well can you imagine just WHAT the cats thought when they got cinnamon toast crunch instead of tender vittles?

......Always thinkin' of yerself Abbs.....sheesh.

Poor kitteh....you come see Auntie Star....I gibs you Tuna baby! Come here kitteh! mwah! :pet:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Mystery solved. I told H about the episode and he said he had habenero chips when he got home, hence the STRONG flavor. Like I said, it was a flavor blast!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Who eats habenero chips when they can have cinnamon toast crunch? I think you should just get in the corner and STAY in the corner. didn't you get your invitation - Aussie mardigras going on right now.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ummmm, Abbey?

In my house, I always look before eating something. ALWAYS. Even though the kitteh noms are kept in a different cabinet entirely... I have children... Yeah. Nuff said.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Maybe this will make you feel a tad bit better...

I used to do respite care for my sister in law's brother's family. He had 2 girls with an undiagnosed, progressively degenerative disease process. They both had tracheostomies and required vents and suction and round the clock in-home nursing care.

The Make A Wish foundation sent them to Disneyland.

As they were driving around, lost, in the rental van, Dad needed a drink, so he grabbed a jar of water that was used for the suction machine. Except, he didn't grab the jar of clean water....he grabbed the jar that they emptied the suctioned goop and water mixture into.

Booger-phlegm-water. Yum yum.