I'm off my seizure medications.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
& there's a huge difference in my mood - no longer depressed or bottomed out.

Just out of curiosity to those of you taking ADs ~ my mood is just blah. I expected a bit more energy, maybe just a bit happier.

How many of you taking various & sundry ADs find their depression isn't a 10 yet you don't care much about anything?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well.......I wasn't taking them for depression. But I noticed the blah thing. I had some issues drumming much emotional response to anything when I was on them. Wasn't horrible or anything, just blah.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Huh - I take anti-seizure medications AND AD's and I'm happy as a kitten in a litter box. noooooo wait I'm happen as a lark in a meadow. Phew/Whew - needed to clarify that - I mean a kitten in a litter box COULD be taken as a poopy mood. I wanted to be sure you knew I was happy. The lark makes a much better connotation. Then again? I could just say "Gal dangit Linda - I'm happy."

I'll go with that - No kittens, No larks. Just happy. Not to say that I don't LIKE kittens and larks. Has noooooooothing to do with the medicine. I mean I love kittens and birds. Althought they don't tend to like each other. I did however have a rat once that didn't like my cat. Come to think of it though.....I'm not so fond of my cat either, and she doesn't like birds. Maybe SHE should take my AD's. (Snort) AD's for cats. HEY! that could work - huh?

Anyway - what were we talking about? I forget. Probably need something for memory loss. Okay then Cecelia - I'll talk to you later.

Mwah! Have a good day!
Star

flutterby

Fly away!
Lexapro is my happy pill. I have my periods of blahs and even downright scary depression, but without Lexapro, I'd never have any happy. I'm also much easier on the gas pedal. :D

H

HaoZi

I'm doing much better with the increase on mine. I'm not exactly happy, but I'm not diving off the deep end with stress and anger anymore either. I'll take it.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Star, honey, thanks for sharing. Especially all the lark & kitten stuff!:bigsmile: My God, woman, what are you taking ~ I want some of that.

It might be the ongoing rain, doom & gloom weather - heck, could it be the tweedles & their antics & I've just shut down emotionally? What a concept. :flirtysmile3:

Thanks ladies, love you all.

Cecelia:imok:

rejectedmom

My daughter had a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in decembe.r she was on topomax and it had stopped working for her. she is now on Elivil because her depression scores went up. She is doing much better both cognitively and mood wise. -RM

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am taking Wellbutrin xl and I am BLAH, as I posted earlier in the week. I am waiting for my appointment to make a change. This medication usually does it for me as I usually only take it in winter months, but each year it seems I take it longer into the Spring. Like I said, I have to make a switch because despite the weather and stress, I still shouldn't feel this down.

I want whatever Star takes...;)

I hope you're feeling better soon - maybe check with your DR about other options?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oatmeal with Spenda blend. - I'm guessing whatever is "Blend" is the kicker! THAT......and I slapped DF in the face with a slice of bologna two days ago for calling my Pootie prissy. (I will splain to you) it's not what you think.

Pootie is the youngest pup and was happy too! Not only did I defend her, but when I said "Unguard" and just meant to phwack him with Oscar Mayer? It was like 101 degrees here, and it stuck - kinda like rosey cheeks, but only meat cheeks - and instead of coming off he was all sweaty and stuff and it stayed there - so she got to have the slice, and I had to make a new samich. DF just stood there utterly amazed. AND he said he'd never call Pootie prissy again. She's not you know. And this was 12 years in the making (not the samich) the retribution. Twelve years ago he whacked me in the face with bologna slice when I was hyperventalating over one of Dudes antics. I vowed I would get even.

Oatmeal! All around.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I go through cycles of blah on my depression medications. Usually I can point to hormonal influences since I'm still, uh, laying eggs. But it also correlates to the amount of stress in my life. I take a tricyclic and despite the slumps, it's working better than the SSRIs did for me.

difficult child 1 is taking Tegretol and Remeron, and that combo seems to have nipped his depression very nicely. Have not seen the black cloud over his head in the 6 months he's been on this combo.