I'm one of the 55. Are You?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm one of the 55. Are You?fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr i n waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I am as well, but I'm funny with languages anyway. Once I learn root words, I can read them in all their usages and in any other related languages.

on the other hand, I can really mangle words verbally, in English as well as in other tongues.

4sumrzn

I'm not so sure about this 55/100 thing!?!? I did just fine...LOL!!!!!!!

Star....you make me giggle all the time...thank you!

F

flutterbee

I can read it, too, although I had an overwhelming urge to correct it. Had to stop that little Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) tick, but it was hard. :sheepish:

As I'm reading this, my daughter's tutor is here who is fluent in 4 languages and can read in 15-20. She is currently studying Portuguese Literature in school.

Did I mention my head hurts? :hammer:

trinityroyal

I can read it too.
I've always been able to read and interpret what it's supposed to say rather than what it says, but I figured it was something to do with ADHD. Or astigmatism. Or something.

Glad to know I'm not alone.

Trinity

Andy

Me too!! I have seen this before and it truely is cool. Suppose that is why kids don't need to spell these days? Sometimes wiith technology, we loose language skills. Have you ever followed texts messages amongst the teenagers? Lots and lots of abbreviation - no time/room for entire words. So "Where are you today?" would look like "Wr R U 2day?"

susiestar

Roll With It
I am in the 55 too. I have always been strange with English.

In FIRST grade I got in trouble for having my book upside down. I stood up and read in front of my reading group - a whole chapter with the book upside down. I didn't KNOW it was upside down. It looked normal to me until someone said something.

My whole family is like this. I think it probably runs in families.

I also think it may be why schools are placing less and less emphasis on spelling. I hate hate hate hate hate that. I think that it handicaps kids once they get out into the job world. But all my kids are top spellers, so I don't make waves about that.

Susie