I'm patting myself on the back, lol.

DDD

This afternoon both difficult child#1 and difficult child#2 were at my house. difficult child#1 (formerly known as easy child/difficult child, lol) had his girlfriend with him. I am NOT enthused by his girlfriend...not exactly my cup of tea, lol.

Guess what??? I taught her how to play backgammon and the two of us had a good competition going on. Had to laugh because #1 couldn't figure out which of us to root for, lol, BUT it was fun. She and I are looking forward to the rematch. I can't believe she beat me. DDD:faint:

pasajes4

Way to go mom. Establish a good relationship with the girlfriend and who knows? Might give you an edge on difficult child.

dashcat

Now that worked out nicely, didn't it! You may end up liking her. my sister in law HATED me for the year of my marriage. It could be said that I wasn't her cup of tea either!. She got to know me and changed her mind. When DEX left me, she sent me a card and wrote in it that I would always be her sister!

And, if you don't end up liking her? As the old saying goes "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"

Dash

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Good for you! Sometimes it just takes one common interest to get to that comfortable place with someone. Sounds like you found it!

P

PatriotsGirl

I met my husband's mother after we had been dating a month and after that night, he stopped speaking to his parents all together. A year went by! I finally bridged that gap (not knowing why he stopped talking to them) and they have been the most incredible, amazing in-laws and grandparents that I couldn't understand what had happened to make my husband cut them off for a year. I just found out a couple of months ago that it was because his mother had said something about me. I love this woman to pieces and she feels the same about me. I still have no idea what she said before...lol. Could all work out! :)

DDD

Lol, my inlaws were hoping that Ex and I would break up too. Funny thing...they quickly ended up thinking I was the greatest thing ever. For the ten years of our marriage and until their death, his parents and I had a mutual admiration society. DDD