I'm really angry

rejectedmom

difficult child has been doing all that he is supposed to do and he went to his weekly PO meeting yesterday as planned. She didn't show up and so he had to fill out a report which he did. He then asked for a travel pass to go to our family TG dinner just over the state line. No one in the office would write it for him. They said it was up to his PO and since she wasn't there he couldn't get one. I am sooooooooooooooooooo angry. I'll be writing nasty letters for sure this time. husband and I and my other son are driving up to have brunch with difficult child at a diner or where ever we can find that is open. I am worried that difficult child will do something stupid because he is angry and depressed over not being able to come to the family dinner. I hope brunch with us will help a bit.

Then after that we have to drive 2 1/2 hours in the other direction to get his grandfather at the nursing home and drive another hour to the relative's house who is hosting the dinner. then back to the nursing home with dad and then another hour to home UG! Thanksgiving day and we will log over 200 miles before all is complete. Then tomorrow we have to travel to upstate NY for a wedding. It's about an 8 hour ride for us. We just got back from my nephew's wedding on sunday night that was another 8 hour drive and two nights in a hotel for us. I am exhausted before I even get started today. -RM

I am so sorry , RM.

I certainly hope that the day is not ruined because of the inconsiderate nature (and stupidity) of others.

Drive safely. Have a good day regardless.

rejectedmom

Thanks BBK. difficult child seems to be handling it fairly well. We took him to brunch at Denny's because it was the only thing open other than McD's.
He was clean and dressed nicely and said that he was going to another group home for dinner with his RA and some of the other clients at his place. I told him that I would try to have a family dinner next weekend so he could see his sibs and my grand children. I just have to see if my other kids are available.
-RM

Steely

I am so sorry things are tough. Holidays can be entirely too stressful sometimes. Hope the rest of the week is more peaceful.

Sheila

Pre-planning is not my difficult child's strong suit either. He tends to still think that the Universe revolves solely around his "wants" and "needs." Sigh....

As frustrating as it is, I try to use these type situations as a teaching tool for difficult child, e.g., "How could you have handled that differently in order to get a different outcome?"

We had a couple of parallel instances come up recently. Not long ago difficult child arrived home and wants to go to a school dance the following night. Couldn't answer any questions about it. Who's sponsoring it? How many adults will be there? Any waundering around outside allowed? What time does it start? What time does it end? yadda, yadda Answers: Don't know, don't know, don't know....

Not two weeks later he arrives home on a Friday from school and wants to go to an overnight lock-in at a Church. Same questions from parents, same answers from difficult child -- he didn't even know what Church so we could call and get questions answered.

Earth to difficult child: don't wait until the last minute.... It's like beating my head against a brick wall.

Glad you were able to make all your connections. Exhausting for sure.