Im so frustrated!

DammitJanet

I bought a Mp3, Mp4, video player for my dad and it supposedly plays avi type videos. I have tried everything I can think of to download avi videos off the internet...and they play just fine on the computer but darned if they play on this player! It came with two songs/videos on it and they show as avi videos...and they play. I just cant figure out what is different.

Anyone have a clue?

Oh...and the lovely little cd that came with it...is in japanese or chinese!

klmno

Urgggghhhhh........I would be frustrated, too. I think I'd be calling some place demanding my money back.

DammitJanet

Billy hadnt gotten home yet when I posted. I bought it on Ebay and I am attempting to save files using a Youtube downloader. It would all be easier if I could understand the instructions...lol. Supposedly it has a converter but alas...I dont understand chinese!

DammitJanet

Got my frustrated figured out! Just had to find the appropriate converter. All is well now.

I am finding so many old videos on youtube. I think he is gonna be so surprised!

DammitJanet

It kinda looks like a cross between an Ipod and a Samsung Instinct phone. Its touch screen and you can do all kinds of things with it. More than he will be able to do with it...lol. Im sure I will get it back at some point and play with it myself.

Marguerite

If it's any consolation, I had the same problem with my iPod. It finally turned out that deep in the Settings menu, I think it was, I had to tell the iPod to accept mp4 files. I think I also had to tell iTunes to tell the iPod to accept mp4 files. It took me ages - I had a few video clips I wanted to play. I'd bought a big screen iPod so I could do this, and it wouldn't and I knew it should... and now it does, just as I dropped the darn thing and now have permanent pixel damage to the screen, to big black lines across it.

Still, I've been able to load difficult child 3's mp4 of the film he made for school a few years ago, as well as some Pink video clips she releases on her CDs. Love it!

Marg

DammitJanet

Well this thing supposedly said it HAD to have avi file types and it turns out it it perfectly happy with mp4 and 3gp so all is well in video land...lol.