I'm so sad

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Estherfromjerusalem, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Estherfromjerusalem

Estherfromjerusalem Well-Known Member

Please forgive me for sharing this with you all, but I am feeling so very very sad.

I have two sisters -- an older one and a younger one. The younger one and I are very close -- we talk every night at around midnight and we share things with one another and support one another and listen to each other. I have eight children and she has seven, and we have so much in common. On Friday morning her youngest child, a 28-year-old daughter, didn't feel so good. She has been married for two years and she and her husband were living with my sister for the last few weeks while they decide where they will live. She is a qualified nurse and had just started a job as a nurse in the internal medicine ward of one of the large hospitals. She got dressed for work and didn't feel so good, found it hard to stand on her feet, she felt weak. It got worse and my sister called an ambulance. To cut a long story short, she had a blood clot blocking the main artery of her lungs, and she died in the early afternoon in the hospital. My poor poor sister is absolutely devastated, and her husband, and all the siblings. Our whole extended family is in shock.

The funeral is tomorrow (Sunday) at 11 a.m. The weather at the moment is dreadfully hot. I just can't imagine how awful it will be at the cemetery. We went to their home this evening just to be with them. The house was full of children and grandchildren, and friends coming in and out. My older sister is abroad at the moment, will be back on Wednesday evening. I just can't picture them lowering her body into the ground -- I think there will be hundreds of people there and I think we will all just break down and cry. No one is behaving hysterically, but it is so awful.

What happened to her is rare. It's just one of those things. No one is to blame. But I am feeling so very sad tonight.

Love, Esther

2. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm so sorry, Esther. What a tragic loss for your family.

~Kathy

3. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Oh, Esther! I'm so very sorry for your loss!

Saying prayers for you and your family.

((((hugs))))

4. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry. Sending prayers to your entire family. What a sad tragedy.

5. Rabbit

Rabbit Member

So sorry . Sending up prayers. Hugs Rabbit

6. muttmeister

muttmeister Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss.

7. Estherfromjerusalem

Estherfromjerusalem Well-Known Member

Thank you all. If I have the strength, I'll tell you all tomorrow evening how it went. I am dreading it.

Love, Esther

8. FlowerGarden

FlowerGarden Active Member

I am sorry for your loss.

9. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

(((Esther))) I'm very sorry for your family's loss. I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers.

10. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Esther, I am so sorry for your loss. She was too young to leave you all. So very sad. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

11. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

Esther I am very sorry for your loss. Sending warm hugs and prayers for all of your family.

12. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm so sorry Esther. Sending prayers and hugs...........

13. cubsgirl

cubsgirl Well-Known Member

Esther - I am so very sorry. What a tragedy. ((hugs))

14. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Esther. Sending hugs and prayers.

15. jal

jal Member

My sincere condolences Esther. Thoughts and prayers with you and your sister and your family. How tragic.

16. Signorina

Signorina Guest

I am so so sorry for your loss

17. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh Esther, what a terrible tragedy for your family; love and prayers to you all. You will be in my thoughts on Wed.

*Sharon

18. scent of cedar

scent of cedar New Member

I am thankful you are all together, and that you will surround the mother with love and strength.

Life is too hard, sometimes.

Cedar

19. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh Im so very sorry and send my thoughts and prayers. That was a very odd thing to happen to a young and vital woman.

20. lovemysons

lovemysons Well-Known Member

Dearest Esther,
    I am so so sorry to hear this news. How very sad.

Gentle loving hugs and prayers for your family,
    Love,
    Tammy