I'm starting a pool

mstang67chic

Going Green
Winner gets......um....something.

The contest is to see when you think difficult child will go BACK to jail. As of tomorrow the 15th, he will have been out a week. 3 days ago, he left the men's shelter. When asked why, he has (of course) given various reasons. Currently he is living with a friend's family. Supposedly this "friend" has witnessed some of the things that happened at the shelter but of course his versions change also. Friend is also a former resident of the same prison where difficult child was housed. But according to difficult child he is in a good Christian home. Funny.....I don't remember THOSE words from the Bible. :slap:

difficult child and friend were over a couple of nights ago to get some of difficult child's clothes. The were here for about 40 minutes and it was all I could do to not scream. Friend stunk (kind of like, of all things, rotten diesel fuel), difficult child was acting somewhat manic and both were talking at the top of their lungs. husband and I darn near rolled our eyes out of our heads and at one point were sitting on the couch leaning against each other debating on how long it would take before one or both was back in jail. Oh, and I forgot. They are both working........junking. Don't get me wrong, you can make some money doing it if you can find enough metal but somehow I doubt that all of their jobs are on the up and up. Time will tell.

So......who's in? Stepto2 already called May 23.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WHERE is his counselor in all of this? Doesn't he have a mentor or ANYTHING that is helping him with a job?

Is there a Goodwill close to you ? (not that I"m recommending one here) But they have employment agencies in some of them......that can give him training.....and help him find a job.

I don't want him to go back to jail.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like he might be as fast as my nephew was. May 15th.

But in all fairness, I think subconsciously my nephew was trying to go back.

(((hugs)))

DammitJanet

Wait...isnt it against his probation or parole to associate with other known felons? I think that is in the rules somewhere. Especially when they first got out. I know I saw it on lockup where one guy couldnt even come back to visit his brother who was in prison because he was released from prison. I know Cory was told to not associate with other felons...as if...lol.

InsaneCdn

'Stang...

I'm gonna go the OPPOSITE. Just because. I'm gonna say that he'll still be OUT a year from now. Not "out again". STILL OUT, on Mar 15, 2013.

GFGbro... well, any time you tried to figure out what how long to the next mess-up... it was either "today" or "next year". So I'll vote "next year". And maybe it will work. <wink>

rejectedmom

Stang, I know how difficult it is to be poss,itive with difficult child's like ours but I too truly hope he is "still out" a year , two , three...a lifetime from now. Hang in there, we are all standing right behind you sending very positive energy to both you and him.

Tiredof33

Looking back on the revolving jail door that my difficult child started and a young age (detention first) I cringe. My difficult child seemed to grow out of it but it took until 20's. I'm not sure if they stop the behavior or are better at hinding it so they don't get caught.

I watched a movie a very long time ago where a teen was using drugs and was arrested. The teen was so tramatized from being locked up by himself for several days that he was in a stupor when the parents were able to pick him up. I think the purpose of the movie was to draw attention to the fact that they need counseling not just locked up.

Anyway, my difficult child was never tramatized by jail lockups. He reported that the guards were always friendly and he was treated well. His was always non violent arrests so that may make a difference. The only complaint is that they do feed them more starchy food than healthy food. And of course they can't leave lol!!!!

(((prayers for us all)))

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hey, Stang!

Haven't been around for awhile. difficult child just got out and found out he is now married. I knew about her and their son, but didn't realize they had made it legal. She is a decent woman and is doing a good job of raising their son. We visited him and he seems to have matured, just hoping she can improve his thinking.
From my experience I think jail is a little like rehab, it takes about three stints to really change. Looks like your difficult child has a few to go before it really sinks in....... I can only hope he is a quick study, but judging by his behavior so far it eerily mirrors what our son went thru. The effect of "friends" (and I use that term loosely) is HUGE! They give the okay about behavior, its okay to drink, okay to smoke, okay to steal........ yeah, and even okay that you don't need to worry about anyone but yourself....... I am not painting a very nice picture, but hope the best for you and your family.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I actually like Insanes thought - I'm going with WILL STILL BE OUT...........BY CHRISTMAS. "THINK POSITIVE".........STILL OUT - 12-25-2012.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(I saw that Haozi) .............HAOZI says...............(laughing me )

STILL OUT BY APRIL 17th.........hahahah See? meah! hehehe

susiestar

Roll With It
I wouldn't even know how to join or guess a date. I do know that most states have the requirement that parolees cannot be around other parolees or felons of any kind except if they are living in approved halfway houses or rehabs. And that smell is reminiscent of one of gfgbro's "friends" and I know the guy used all sorts of nasty drugs including some homemade ones - not meaning home brewed but home chemistry lab made ones. Scary stuff.

I hope he doesn't go back, but it sounds almost like he wouldn't mind it from the way he was talking and the new "job" junking. That is just WAY to much temptation to steal, in my opinion. Esp since theft is why he was in prison anyway. You might want to ask the PO if he is allowed to be with felons so that you can tell him his friend cannot come to your home with him in the future. It won't make much difference to him, but at least you won't be condoning breaking his parole. Unless he did the hwole time and wasn't paroled, in which case it doesn't matter.

I really hope he gets his act together and stays clean.

I am thankful that he isn't living iwth you!!!!! Make SURE the friend knows taht you lock everything up and have the cops on speed dial.

JJJ

I'm torn between thinking he'll be back in by June or that he'll have the difficult child-luck and stay out.

Either way, I am so, so sorry that he is putting you through this again. :grouphug:

DammitJanet

Let me ask a bit of info for my educated guestimate.

Did he serve his whole sentence or is he on parole? If he got early release...how much time is left on that parole?

Now with all that added in...he is 20 or 21....stupid.

I say maybe we give him a year or two?

mstang67chic

Going Green
He's 22 now. And he still has 2 years suspended that he is serving probation. AAAaaaaand....he made it 3 days at the shelter. Then he was at a friends house till a couple of days ago. Now? He's with us.

sigh

husband thinks he's found him an apartment though. Hope so.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Buck for Mstangs kid.........??????? Throw in a box of wine get Mstang to take My dog and Buck I'll take Mstangs kid.......hahaha. Ahem.....

Commmmmmmmmmmme COME TO FANTASY ISLAND...........bwahahahahah.....Oh wait - was I NOT supposed to drink the sacramental wine FIRST?