I'm starting to dread sleeping

flutterby

Fly away!
Because of the dreams I keep having.

Started with I had a baby, 1930's setting, but they wouldn't let me see my baby. I don't even know if it was a boy or a girl.

After that, came the dreams where something is wrong with difficult child, but I can't get to her. Either I can't find her, or I have no way to get there, or I get lost, or something or somebody is stopping me. In one dream, she was dead but no one would let me see her. They took care of all of the arrangements and I wasn't allowed to have any part in it. I'm trying to speak, but I can't form sounds. I've even woken myself up trying to speak and the same sounds coming out of my mouth are the ones that I'm doing in my sleep.

I wake up sweating, in a panic, heart racing.

I guess it's the stress and anxiety spilling over, but I dread going to sleep now. Even when I do sleep, I'm not resting. I'm so exhausted.

klmno

Sounds like stress/anxiety to me, too. And any medications could be contributing. I'd suggest doing something relaxing before bed time but I'm sure you've tried that already. I hate sleep problems.

Last edited:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Heather, have you tried soothing music ~ at my worst I ordered various & sundry CDs to fall asleep by Deuter (Sea & Silence & Wind & Mountain) & one CD by Dean Evenson called Healing Sanctuary. Incredibly hypnotic music. Even if I didn't sleep I was drawn into the music.