I'm Such A Bad Daughter

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So my Mom will be here in just a few hours. Despite the fact that I told her it was finals week, that I have a ton of stuff to do for school, that the house is a stye, that easy child works all weekend and the likelihood for her getting to see her or the boys is next to nil....that my house is a stye.....that I have a crapload of stuff for school.......

Yes, I know I repeated myself. lol I did it to her too over and over again. But as per usual my mother is both selfish and self centered and nothing else matters except what she wants. :mad:

If someone had attempted to pull this on her back in the 70's when she was in nursing school she'd have left the house just so they couldn't visit. But her fav line to me is.....Oh, well I managed to go to school full time and keep my house spotless. Uh, no you didn't do a darn thing, not even cook for a solid year. I KEPT THE HOUSE SPOTLESS. grrrr

When I say stye, I'm not kidding. Well beyond clutter and long past dirty, even past filthy. STYE. Which reeks as I did just clean the whole downstairs less than 2 weeks ago, except for spring cleaning stuff I didn't have time for. :faint:

So, we picked it up, cleaned out the trash. OMG how does this family accumulate so darn much trash????? Did I *clean*?? NO. The floors in the kitch and bath really really need mopping. I'm NOT mopping. The upstairs is still pretty much trashed. I'm not touching it until end of quarter. The rec room is jam packed with yard sale stuff and trashed on top of it thanks to husband. Not touching it.

The main rooms are no longer even filthy level. She'd better be happy with it. I like to killed myself to get it that clean. When I should've been doing school work instead.:mad:

To top it off she's coming with my eldest brother whom I happen to despise. As far as I'm concerned he's a waste of human flesh. (although she believes him to be God's gift to the world) Duh Mom there is a reason I haven't seen the man in more than 15 yrs!!! This is the brother who cause much of my abuse as a child. And I don't know if post menopausal, stressed to the hilt, I can put on the mask and make him appear to be welcome in my home. Rest assured I will have him in my sights the entire time he's around my family.

Just goes to remind me there is a reason why I moved 2 states away from my family.

Vent over. Off to shower now and play my Sims 3 game a bit before they get here to shake off some of this stress and anger.

everywoman

Sorry Daisy. Family sometimes just doesn't get it at all. Hugs. And when brother is walking by, slyly stick your foot out and trip him----then sit back and enjoy in silences :)

crazymama30

Oh heck. That sounds so unfair. I would like to think that your mom would help you out at a stressful time, but it really does not sound like it.

Hugs, and I am right there with you in finals week. I have abnormal psychiatric (easy) tommorrow night, Sociology on Thursday (just boring and complicated) and my TEAS test on Friday as well as doing my short answer questions to try and get in the nursing program.

I will be there with you in spirit.

I know you are taking art, but what other classes are you taking?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Microbiology.

Not too bad....mostly boring. But the research paper has to be more than 6 pages long and is mega time consuming. Then of course is the final on wed. And I've still got one more painting to do. The tulip. Just a simple little tulip. (that's what I keep telling myself, but it's Nichole who has the knack for flowers, not me) lol

I have news for her though....... If she tries to pull another stunt like this once fall starts, I'm telling her to come on over but I'll be making sure not to be here when she gets here. I've had it with her pulling this carp on me at the end of nearly every darn quarter. She knows better.

CM good luck on your TEAS test. Does your score also count on the National Average as well as your personal score? Ours does and personally it really ticks me off. Twice I barely missed it not because of MY score, but because of that stupid National Average carp. Doesn't make sense when different schools require different scoring to get in. ugh by the way did you get the book to study from and do the online practice tests?

Hugs

crazymama30

I had a great instructor for micro, that helps so much. I loved the class, but I think it helped that I was working with pt's who had MRSA and VRE and all the nasty bugs. Still do, but then I was in home health so I was dealing with it in a home environment not a hospital one. Very different.

I would be really ticked off if I was in a similiar situation and my mother in law came out. My mom and I Get along well, but mother in law drives me up and down the wall.

The score they use for my TEAS is the adjusted individual total score. I have been studying the study guide book all weekend, and plan on buying the practice test tuesday (don't you get 2 tries?) and I will do one tuesday, and one Friday before I take the test. I don't care so much about my finals as I do the TEAS.

I will be your silent helper in Micro, and you can help me thru the TEAS. When is your Micro final?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hopefully they won't stay long and you can get back to focusing on what you need to do right now!

donna723

Lisa, does she ASK you if she can come visit or just TELL you that she's coming? It's very rude and inconsiderate of her to come when you have already let her know that you have a lot going on and that it's a very inconvenient time for her to visit. Is she doing this on purpose? Almost sounds like she is.

Too late for this time, but the next time she pulls this, can you just tell her, "No!"? Can you just flat-out tell her that she can't come then, that you will be much too busy to contend with company then, and suggest a time that will be more convenient for you ... like November 14, 2034 maybe?

KTMom91

Sending lots of strength and many hugs. Hopefully it will be a short but pleasant visit, and then you can get back to real life.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mom never asks to visit. Never. I'm just lucky this time she actually gave me forewarning. Usually she just shows up and expects our lives to come to a screeching halt to appease her.

It just got worse. (so much for thinking that wasn't possible) Now she will be sleeping over as well. Brother has an interview in cincy in the morning. He's worried he will have trouble finding the place so wants a hotel room there. Mom hates cincy and wants to stay here. So she'll be sleeping on the couch.

Someone shoot me please. :faint:

And it will be me and her all evening. Nichole has to go babysit easy child's boys this evening as easy child works.

Like I said, someone just shoot me please.

UGH!

skeeter

Hah! Too bad you can't come and stay in Cincy (since your mom hates it) with me while she stays at your house!!!

Ah, micro. The class was ok, the lab was horrible. Halfway through our determination of unknowns, someone managed to contaminate all the other test tubes. There was absolutely NO way to figure out what you had anymore, so we all got a "C" for lab.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
:faint:Staying the night. No thank you for my mom to do that. Thankfully because of the animals she won't stay. Sending more strenghth and hugs.

beth

Lothlorien

Well, I hope you can actually enjoy her company after doing all that work. Forget the corner, I'd be asleep on the floor somewhere.

Hey, now that the house is clean, you can have a party!

Star*

call 911........call 911
You think I'm kidding -

IF you get PIT BULLS - you get VERY LITTLE COMPANY......

My Mother and DF's sister are the only brave ones in the bunch....and come to think of it - they're the only ones we'd really like to see.

(Hands water pistol to Daisy)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, I'm going on Rock's loving sense. He just arrived yesterday. I'm dying to catch a flight to see him. I'm sure he's rambuncious (sp?), but I'll welcome the challenge.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL Star. Never thought of it that way. ;)

Well, I survived. Barely. Mom slept over in Nichole's room since Nichole was over at easy child's watching the boys. Now get this.........Nichole's room was trashed as she'd cleaned the living room by tossing all her junk and the baby's toys into her room. So my Mom slept in a trashed room and made no commet at all. A frimping miracle. Nor did she comment on the house.

BUT.........

I had to skip school today. Why? Because my Mom would've been in my house all day ALONE. Uh, no. I know better than to ever let that happen. The woman would rummage thru every nook and cranny snooping thru everything. I'm no idiot. I grew up with her.

So.......stayed home and "visited" with her all day. Brother didn't finished his orientation until 4pm. OMG Didn't get here until after 5 pm and then they headed out.

Mom has mellowed with her advanced age. But one walks on egg shells as it never takes much to set her off on a tirade about something.

The visit wasn't bad. (except I missed school) easy child came over later today and brought the boys so Mom got to enjoy her great grands who were very social with her this time and very affectionate. They're getting the hang of this extended family thing now. lol

No hoo hoo about school. I'd have fallen asleep in class anyhow. Final in that class isn't until wednesday. And I'll get an A on it. It's the paper I STILL have to write. ugh Will be doing that between classes in the computer lab at school tomorrow. Mom stuck to me like glue today and even practically sat on my lap while I painted that darn tulip.........all the while going on and on about what a waste of time and effort it was. LOL

At least she's consistant. :rofl:

Off to bed now.

((hugs))

lovemysons

Glad you survived the day with your mom, phew.

Hope writing your paper is going well in the computer lab,
Hugs,
Tammy