I'm taking back my "brag"

DDD

I have not maintained my resolve to go to the gym three times a week. Made it twice last week and once this week. I am not watching my diet the last couple of weeks. No way am I going to get on the scale and see how many pounds over my brag 135 I am. I am not in crisis, thank heavens, but I just feel compelled to comfort myself with lethargic degrees of activity and alot of "pig outs". Sigh

Just don't want to be consider a saint or "an example". I might get back on target in a week or two but not now. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well while we're confessing - I bought a dozen Krispee Kreme Doughnuts the day before I got fired and ate 6 of them.

Now I'm eyeing that TUMMY TUCK system on TV.........any thoughts on that?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
While we're confessing our fitness sins...........

I haven't worked out since last week when the elliptical once again turned my thighs into agonizing knots from hades. Seriously, it took me a few days to be able to walk without tears in my eyes. Today was the first day without pain. I did ok as far as eating until today.............made hamburgers and fries for supper, not horrible......I mean I could've eaten Mc Donalds blech........and the fries were baked so no grease.

Only 6 Star??? OMG I have to stay away from that area of the store completely. It's like kriptonite to superman. I'm compelled to eat the entire dozen, unless someone beats me to it. :rofl: No willpower when it comes to Krispee Kreme doughnuts. lol

BUT back on it tomorrow. And I'm staying away from the elliptical for a good long while. I'll do my videos and other things instead and see if the thighs stay unknotted.

At least I didn't break down and make brownies. :sigh:

I almost quit totally. More than 2 months of plenty of pain, lots of work.........and only 5 lbs off.........yeah, that motivation was going out the window fast. But obviously 3 times a week wasn't cutting it in the exercise dept......and there is no way I could tolerate that elliptical thing more than that, that was painful enough tyvm. So Starting over tomorrow with my biggest loser videos and using the gym for what I can't do at home. Seriously thinking about weight watchers (without buying the food part) because this calorie counting thing is just making me feel like I'm not allowed to eat anything which is making me rebellious.

InsaneCdn

Lisa, Lisa... do NOT go by the weight scale, if you're working out. Because working out creates muscles... and muscles weigh more than fat. HOWEVER... muscles also burn calories, fat does not... and it is a win on many other fronts.

Instead... take out that old sewing-style tape-measure, and measure your waist and hips.
Then track THOSE numbers weekly.
You might be surprised to discover how far those can change before you see much on the scale.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Lisa-That's why I like WW so much. You don't need to buy any of their food-I rarely do. In fact the reason I joined WW was because I wouldn't be eating food that was already prepared-that would seem too much like a diet to me and I know I couldn't keep that up.

Oh, and while everyone is confessing-I've been sneaking into the lounge again at work for snacks! I always vow not to go in there and then I see what someone else is eating and there goes my willpower!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I too use my clothes - NOT the scale - because I'm 170 lbs....and in a size 6 --------but if you look at me you'd NEVER guess I'm that stout, however if you try to PUSH me? You'd realize like Insane said - it's a LOT of muscle.

D3 - Maybe you can borrow that ball from Mustang? I'm going to find one the next time I'm at Goodwill ------and give it to the dogs......then walk out to the shed (exercise) dig in the shed (more exercise) get out a lawn chair (more exercise) walk to the shady spot in the lawn (more exercise that all the above because there is no shade in my yard) and then set up the lawn chair (more exercise) and when the pups roll the ball to me? I'll have to stand up (more exercise) and kick it (putting leg back motion is exercise) & (putting leg forward MORE exercise) and then sit back down (more exercise still...) and then yell way to go kids (not exercise BUT) if I flail my arms around as if I were clapping? (I'll count that as exercise) and then when we're done? Put the chair back (exercise) and walk to the house (Still exercising) and flop on the couch like a high jumper (that ought to count for at least 100 calories gone) and take a nap. And if I dream about my DF while I'm napping on some deserted isle? Well, (blush) who knows how many calories I can burn off there!

SO yeah I'm on the look out for an exerball or two I think Mstang is onto something there and with Insane saying the dogs will like it? I think it's a win/win for all oif us.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmm. Now if the Goodwill is tossing them out, how can I get my hands on one of those exercise balls cheap for Molly? Maybe........just maybe.........she won't pop it. Not counting on it though, I know her too well, and that is why i want it cheap as possible. You think if I ask ours and if they have any in back they'd give it to me?? She loves her huge hard plastic ball purchased at Pets Mart like 8 yrs ago, but I can't play with her with it, that thing HURTS if it hits you.

Star, were you wanting feedback on the Brazilian Butt Lift dvds? easy child just informed me she bought them and is about to try them......so I can let you know how it goes.

IC I'll try the tape measure. But I certainly don't want my belly going to muscle at this stage! I want it GONE! lol I mostly tell by my clothes how I'm doing.......so far, I'm not seeing a change there. And darn it I have to remember my water weight changes from day to day, which just throws the whole darn thing off. Somedays I can lose up to 6lbs after taking the first lasix, kid you not. Yes, it's that bad. ugh

I was a good girl today. Started right back on it. Did my video this morning and ate a healthy breakfast that I also enjoyed. Off to look into weight watchers now.........peeked at it while at easy child's house and sister in law was putting new brakes onto my car.

InsaneCdn

Hound... belly going to muscle DOES make it GONE... it shows on the tape measure LONG before it shows on the scale.
<grin>
Keep on pumping...

I've been having a super tough time staying on track too. I start every day with good intentions, some days I do OK, others, well, let's just forget about them... Would you believe I've never had a Krispy Kreme donut? There is a Krispy Kreme down the street from here. I better put blinders on the next time I drive by...

I haven't exercised in a week. I was sick most of last week, felt much better by Friday, but took the day off anyway. Today it's cold and snowing. I need a good kick (in my now expanding) :censored2:, to get me moving this morning... SFR

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
SFR if you've never had a Krispy Kreme doughnut and you're trying to lose weight...............for godsake don't try one! ESPECIALLY if you have the actual shop just down the street. Our shop closed, I cried, no joke. Now if I'm going to be bad and have one? I have to try to get to the store right after delivery to get it fresh..........then, I reason with myself that they won't be fresh for long, and it goes downhill from there. Seriously.

Grandma was a doughnut addict. I've tasted a wide variety over the years in many many a doughnut shop........Nothing like Krispy Kreme, nothing. Sinful.

Never mind, it's a good thing our shop is no longer open. :rofl:

DDD

I've read alot of tragic stories but NEVER had a KK?????? OMG, that's a tear jerker. DDD

PS: I hope the store isn't one that bakes on premises. The aroma travels and all bets are off, LOL!

Hound Dog, DDD,

Sadly, husband says he thinks it's one that bakes right there... My sinuses have been clogged - I believe there is a reason for everything, lol... I have absolutely NO intentions of going there!! Can't miss what I haven't had... Now don't mention Krispy Kremes again, lol... SFR