Im thinking of adopting this doll baby..what do you think?

Jody

It looked real to me, but I knew that there had to be a doll when you said you were going to adopt it. I thought maybe you had had yourself a drink or something. I was thinking maybe an intervention was in order. LOL. I know you love the name Scott, but jeez another baby, possibly a difficult child. omg, so cute while it doesn't cry or anything. love this, such a cute baby.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have no issue with not-quite-real dolls. I have a collection of them, in fact. In a glass case. Most are antiques.

What does bother me is when there are too many and they watch you. This one would NOT make it into my home.

And... I'm sorry, but if I don't ever have an infant of my own? I still wouldn't get one of these. It's a poor substitute in my opinion.

But - Janet - by all means! Keyana would love it.

DammitJanet

Yeah Heather is right, I wouldnt let a young child play with it. Possibly I would let Keyana hold it when she was here because she is very careful with items but this one I am looking at is only $150. I have seen the ones that are custom made with your own pictures for around $1200 to $1500. I dont think I can afford that.

DammitJanet

No, it was on a persons website. I doubt I am going to actually get one right now. I really cant afford one at the moment but sometime I would like to. Plus the boy babies seem to be cheaper than the girl babies. That is something I noticed. I would really like to learn how to do it myself. I might buy a kit and try that way.

KTMom91

Why do you need a kit to have a baby? It's very simple. When the mommy and daddy love each other very, very much...

InsaneCdn

Why do you need a kit to have a baby? It's very simple. When the mommy and daddy love each other very, very much...

KTMom... if you've been following the "other thread" around here today, you'd know why it isn't quite that simple...

Star*

call 911........call 911
YOU ARE NUTS........AND you know.......ONLY YOU could get a porcelain doll that would have "ISSUES" .....THINK LONG and HARD about this ...........

The box would come and be torn......and he'd be missing a leg......you'd have to call Amazon and have him RE-sent, but you'd already be "in LOVE" with "Scott #1" and refuse to send it....er HIM back so you'd keep him and then you'd have your perfect little baby with one arm and two le.......ohhhhh the box was really torn.....and I see he has 2 legs but only one foot. Just Like my HASBRO pony Butterscotch - missing an ear....and there are no replacements.......so yeah......I'm telling you........DO NOT adopt this child. It will be difficult child, you will spend HOURS, COUNTLESS hours on the phone talking to "Daniel" from Pakistan.....er I mean Down Town NY.......from Amazon about a replacement Scott......and you'll go round and round........and be so angry you'll end up drop kicking Scott out the front door and it will be a new toy for Nina.

NO MORE BABIES...........NO MORE BABIES..........GET A DONKEY..........GET A DONEY................

donna723

Janet, there's a ton of them on eBay. Some area lot better than others. The really good ones are just lovely and bring top prices. They might be nice to have as a collectors item but I still find them a bit creepy. And these women who push them around in strollers and treat them like they were real babies are just pathetic, not playing with a full deck!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH GAWWWWWWWWWW .........I am NOT having a baby shower.........for Porcelain Scott. (no no no)

DammitJanet

Im truly thinking about learning to do it because it isnt porcelain, its plastic. If you get good at it, you can make very good money. I would adore to have replicas of all the grands at a year old too..heck I have a picture of me at that age. Wouldnt that be a hoot to make? I think it would be adorable to have a cradle in the living room with 4 or 5 little ones all peeking out at us...lol.

svengandhi

I think there was an episode about this on one of the Law and Orders.

I'm not much of a doll person and that one creeped me out, too. If I got one, I'd call it Damian, LOL1