Im thinking of adopting this doll baby..what do you think?

DammitJanet

You know I never ever had a shower? Every time I go to a baby shower I just get sad about that. I get even more irritated when the new moms say things about how they cant wait for the next shower for the next baby. Hmmm. I was always told you get the shower for the first baby and are expected to be smart enough to save the items for future children.

Steely

Well then we should all send you a virtual shower for your 3 babies......that are now ALL grown up!!!! :)

THAT is the time to celebrate the kid, right? When they are no longer our responsibility - WOO HOO - lets party!!!
:happy_new_year:

keista

You know I never ever had a shower? Every time I go to a baby shower I just get sad about that. I get even more irritated when the new moms say things about how they cant wait for the next shower for the next baby. Hmmm. I was always told you get the shower for the first baby and are expected to be smart enough to save the items for future children.
Awwwwwwwww. Sorry.

I got one for first. I was quite appalled to hear my cousin got 3 (yes 3) separate showers for her 2nd! However, I did NOT get a bridal shower. Might have to do with the fact that I threw the wedding together in about a month.

So anyway I like the virtual shower. I'll bring margaritas and cloth diapers - best cleaning rags ever!

DammitJanet

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo...I dont want a shower...lmao. Unless you want to get me a real shower. I want one of those walk in ones you see on tv...lmao.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG Step........THAT is an AWESOME..........FREAKIN AWESOME idea........you do it.......a virtual shower for Janet now that Billy, Cory, and Jamie are all grown up.......ROFLMAO....cause, like, Dude......we all know what she could use for each one of them.......ROFLM Auntie Annie Off.

Kathy813

Staff member
OMG!! My first thought was "Oh no, Janet is off her medications." Then I realized it wasn't real.:rofl:

In that case, go for it!

~Kathy

InsaneCdn

Janet -
I'm more practical, like you - although I will admit my first thought was "cloth diapers", for exactly the same reason as Keista.

So, for your virtual shower, how about if I bring you a wheelchair-accessable shower? These things are awesome - can be used by literally anybody - nice and roomy - you can roll a bath chair right in and shower that way, or sit on the built-in chair if that works for you. Might even make it a steam shower...

(making mental notes to self for next reno project... for when I'm in a wheelchair too)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Um.........not that I'm pointing fingers.......but as far as Cloth Diapers? Cory, Jamie and Billie are ALL over 25 ladies.............:) poor kids.......

keista

LOL@ Star. We know that. But they are truly the best rags/towels ever. I use them in the kitchen instead of tea towels (usually cheaper too). I was thinking a baby item that you give someone without babies. Another good one is baby wipes - great for removing makeup, especially mascara.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a closet full of cloth diapers. I used to co-own/manage a XXXXerry XXXaids.....and that's all we ever used to clean the homes. You can order them from diaper services brand new or seconds (not used) just not stitched right. I get most of ours from the Goodwill because people will GIVE them as gifts and no one will ever use them (too much hassle) so I get brand new ones for super cheap.

Never would cease to amaze me when owners would ask "JUST where do you get your diapers/ they aren't used are they?" OMG ------no, but if you want rags just used in YOUR house, with YOUR dirt and YOU wash them? I can order YOUR rags for YOUR house and leave them here when we are done. SEVERAL clients loved that idea and did just that. Helped me out too - I used to have to wash the dad-blamed things.