IMPORTANT Lots of Dog Treats Recalled!

DammitJanet

I tried making another batch of treats the night before last and they loved them.

I mixed 20 ounces of oatmeal, 1 can of plain packed pumpkin, a tablespoon of organic honey and about a half cup of water. I stirred all this stuff together to make it into what looked like thick orange oatmeal. I spread it out on a cookie sheet and pressed it down until it was about an 1/8th of an inch thick. I attempted to make it as square as I could on the pan so that when it baked I would be able to cut it into squares. I baked it in the oven on 350 for about 30 to 45 minutes watching it closely to see when it got dry and didnt burn. You can tell when you feel it.

I took it our and immediately took the knife and cut it into square cookies and put them on a wrack to cool. Now I did feed a few that night and then put them in the freezer so they wouldnt have the chance to go bad like so many of you said. Every night I take out 4 of them...2 for each dog. They love them. Funny. After I made them, Buck said they smelled good and I said well they are made out of human food and are perfectly edible...have one. I pretended to eat a piece and said tastes fine. He got up and grabbed one of the bigger cookies and ate the whole thing and then said...well it could use more sugar. I said Buck, dogs cant have sugar...lol. Only Buck would eat dog treats.

donna723

:cool_dog::rofl:

"Only Buck would eat dog treats."

Or rather, only Buck would eat dog treats and then criticize and complain because they weren't sweet enough!

buddy

UMMMMM, Buck and Q. LOL

He is finally old enough that I can explain the kinds of germs that are allowed in animal food that dogs can handle but people can't. I think I finally scared him off. He has always loved kitty and dog food and treats. ICK. (and not just in his mouth, we have had some trips to the doctor when he was little to get it out of his ears.)