in a stupor

Abbey

Spork Queen
Those are all REALLY tough questions to ask yourself and deal with. I wish I had some great advice, but well...it hasn't worked out so well on my end.

I only had one difficult child...2 :faint: I don't know what I would have done. I probably would have run away.

I wish you well.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
{{{{{Hugs}}}}} AOG... there are way too many things you are dealing with right now to worry that far in the future. I'd take it one step at a time, like finalizing that divorce for starters. Once that monkey's off your back you can hopefully start to breathe a little easier and there will be more room in your head for what to do about life after difficult child's. Wish things were easier for you right now...

Ianav, the only thing that keeps me going is to live my life one day at a time.

If I get to thinking about what the future holds (and I do sometimes) I get into a deep funk.

Whatever happens down the road is going to happen whether I worry about it or not. So I choose not to waste my energy worrying.

It is a simple solution, but one that is easier said than done. However, it becomes habit. It takes practice.

by the way, have you gone to Al-Anon lately? (*tap tap tap*)

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
missed alanon this Friday :O(

I have been cleaning all weekend with my Mom. My 94 y/o Nanna is being evicted from her assisted living (she's broke), so she's moving in with us! Our happy nut house is expanding from 5 to 6 (or will stay at 5 if Dad moves out, which he's threatening to do). So Dad is losing his den, difficult child II gets his own room and I get to trade in difficult child II as my roomie for my 94 y/o Nanna!!! Don't get me wrong I love her, and we're blessed to still have her! But she is high maintenance, she has got her wits, but is physically disabled to the point of really needing to be in a nursing home for appropriate care.

I could see her knocking difficult child I over the head with her walker, the 1st time he calls me or my Mom a @W#$@$%&. LOL

And of course with her moving in, we will all have to once again deal with.... dun dun dun....Crazy Uncle, her 90 lb, sickly son, who's the reason she's broke, who's been divorced twice, and hates and abuses
all women, even his 6 y/o granddaughter!

PS yes I basically have zero private space here, the 1/2 bath is about it!

F

flutterbee

I'd be setting up camp in the 1/2 bath.

A day at a time. And remember to breathe.

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG. You have a huge serving on your plate. Yikes. I don't even know what to say. Is she able to go to some senior center for activities? Do they have that around you?

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'd weigh 90 lbs because I'd be having to take alot of long walks in order not to go bonkers.

Times such as these require not looking too far ahead, and just keep placing one foot in front of the other while repeating " This too shall pass."

I've been there done that multiple times. It really really stinks. But you do make it thru eventually.

((((hugs))))