In hospital

witzend

Had blood in my bowels yesterday. It may be an eschemic (?spel) bowel. ATTEN: Janet! CT with IV contast checking for blood clot was painless. A little warm. Will write more later, feel lousy.

Kathy813

Staff member
Oh, Witz, I hate to hear that. I'm keeping a good thought that whatever is causing the problem is minor and can be quickly fixed.

Keep us updated.

~Kathy

DammitJanet

Hope you feel better real soon. Blood clots are the pits. I have had two of them. One was a pulmonary embolism and the other was a DVT...the one in the leg.

Yeah if all anyone was going to do to me was CT with contrast I wouldnt be worried. I have had that done several times. But you did get me thinking...throwing a clot isnt out of the question for me.

DDD

Lord knows I am not too swift with medical issues BUT I can assure you that even though I have colon cancer the MDs are not too concerned when I have blood in my stool. I find it disconcerting but each time it has happened I have noted it and then brought it to the attention of the Doctors (whom I trust, by the way) and I have been assured and reassured that my overall test results indicate that I am holding my own and "not" to get freaked about when I see blood occasionally.

Do I know what your symptom means? Heck, no. But I do know that you should not let your imagination got racing toward the worst indicators. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs DDD