In the big scheme of things this may sound small....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
but I made it thru the entire introduction of Moonlight Sonata last week! :happyguy:

My right side is extremely weak - it's difficult to play the melody but I've been practicing my behind off over the last month & a half on this piece. The pedaling & the melody are helping me to strengthen my right side to an extent.

It's not the hardest arrangement - nor is it the easiest. Lots of accidentals & such.

AND I am proud of me. Now I need to finesse this piece.:bigsmile: It feels good to get some of my music back; I love my new piano.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
No - it IS a big thing!!!

See, the way I look at it - in the grand tapestry of the universe we are all but small threads - but each thread is necessary. And each piece of ourselved makes up part of that thread.

I am really thrilled! I love music - many, many kinds of music - so to me, this is a GREAT thing!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I love that piece Timer - it's hauntingly beautiful. And why would you say it's a small thing? Girllll......you had better call me, put the phone down and let me hear it. - okay either now or when you feel it's good. ;) I'm no critic - I just love music. My favorite song is Bach's Tocatta in Dm - (Phantom of the Opera song) I learned how to play just a bit of it and I was thrilled so I can't imagine how you must feel to get through 1/2 of Moonlight Sonata.

BRAVISIMO!!!!! (tosses rose)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thanks ladies .... to me it's huge! I love playing piano; love that I'm playing pieces that I used to in recitals.

Star, I'm also working on Fur Elise. Another gorgeous piece of music by Beethoven. My next piece will be the Polovitsian Waltz - another fun but challenging piece for me.

I'm also working on Christmas music.

donna723

I think it's a HUGE thing too! And it's one of my favorite pieces of music ever. I could listen to that all day long! Congrats, Linda. That's a real accomplishment.

mstang67chic

Going Green
It IS a big thing!!! It's something you used to do, then couldn't and now are getting back. Wonderful!!!!

All I can play is that creepy little ditty that Rhoda played in The Bad Seed. :tongue:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I have goose bumps and am smiling ear to ear reading this. This is huge Linda! I'm so very happy for you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda

It's wonderful that physical therapy (and emotional and mental as well) can be something you love so much!!! :D :D

Good for you! You go girl!!

((hugs))

trinityroyal

Oh Linda, please don't diminish the accomplishment. It's a beautiful piece of music and it's wonderful that you're able to start playing it again.