In the middle of the night ...

TerryJ2

So, every other night, Taffy gets up to tinkle. She's ruined the rug in the piano rm, which is now hanging outside on the fence. At least tonight I caught her by the collar the instant b4 she went on the floor, and sent her outside. No leash. Made me nervous, but I really didn't want to go outside in the cold. She came right back. (The main diff between a border collie and a borzoi!) Then she scooted on the floor, so I know she's got something wrong. I'll have to make a vet appointment. Sigh.
I've got a headache and can't seem to get enough sleep. Just when the kids sleep through the night ...

Wiped Out

Staff member
Aww Terry,
I'm sorry Taffy isn't doing well and that you're not getting your sleep. Hugs and a prayer it isn't anything serious with Taffy.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
She could have full anal glands or worms. Vet can take care of each.

My dog Molly is chubby and can't clean her glands and they get full often.

Thanks for making me think to stop by the vets today and pick up some wormer. Time to do all the animals. But it's awful when it's cheaper to pick it up at the vet than at the store.

Star*

call 911........call 911
just for the record - If I had to choose between a warm house and a cushy rug or the cold ground and blowing wind to potty? (I'm thinking like Taffy here)

For now the only thing you can do is confine her to a room, give her a blanket or a crate, put some newspaper down in case she does have an accident - dogs feel with the pads of their feet thats why they go on carpet. And newpaper would be a different feel than the linoleum or tile. (easier to clean also)

Get her to a vet, and look into Topamax for your headaches. I have migraines too - aren't you getting adjusted? If that doesn't help then figure out what your triggers are. Eliminate things, add things to your diet - and if NONE of that makes a difference it's hormonal. For me the only relief I ever got was Topamax. It's for seizures. I think Nomad is having luck with Butterfew and something other herb - maybe PM her and ask.

I do find that when I start with the light faireys? If I get an immediate BLAST of caffeine and pack my head in ice, and stay on a regime of bayer I'm not so long in bed and pain.

Hugs
Star

TerryJ2

Thank you all. We have an appointment. at 3 p.m.

She's been "dribbling" for several yrs so she's on DES (diethystilbestrol, the ill-fated 50's drug) and it really helps. But this is different. She doesn't always "go" when I take her out at night for the last time, and then in the middle of the night, she had to go #1 AND #2. I don't know if she isn't ready, or if she can't remember what to do.
She probably has impacted glands, too.

She has totally lost her hearing, and has arthritis in her hips. And she's started antibiotics for eye crud.
It's a downhill slide... this is where the medications and other issues come in and we have to think about making The Big Decision in the next year. I've been through it with-my other dogs. It comes in bits and pieces ... like watching this incredibly nimble, speedy, clever border collie claw and slide backward off the car seat when she tries to hop in. Heartwrenching.

Meanwhile, I got my neck adjusted this a.m. I'll ice again later this afternoon. I also took 1/2 an Imitrex and 1/2 a fiorocet, which really helped, but it is hormonal, so I just have to be patient, and the headaches and cramps should be gone in a couple of days. The most I can do is take the edge off.

Steely

Oh boy hugs!
I have been having "dog issues" as well.
It's enough to drive one wonky when they wake you up a zillion times a night. :faint:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, my. It's sad to see pets have medical issues because they can't TELL you.

On a funny note, it kind of sounds like me. There are many nights before I barely make it to the bathroom. I LOVE getting old.:angry-very:

Abbey