In this year's re-gift bag....

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Anyone receive gifts they will be re-gifting? While the thought is definitely what counts, we started a re-gift bag this year. H and I are amazed at what we've accumulated so far:

We have a large yankee candle (macintosh scent) contributed by easy child; a small travel sized hand lotion that my neighbor obviously received as a token gift from the nail salon (holiday wishes sticker on the tube gave it away); a lipstick holder & a small change purse (both contributed by easy child and difficult child received from gramma); a travel alarm clock; car air fresheners; a dish towel 'dress' for the stove; a pair of earrings and a necklace (which I am going to re-gift to my sister since they are her style); a pair of gloves; a dress scarf; a bird feeder. If anyone is interested in anything, except the candle because it weight a ton, let me know. I will gladly mail it to you.

Happy Holiday Season~

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Jo, I was watching GMA last week and they had an etiquette person on who said it's perfectly acceptable to re-gift...........and that she recommended that you tag each item to make sure you don't re-gift back to the person who gave it to you to begin with.

Sounds like she read your mind. :)

Suz

Lothlorien

Surprisingly, no regifting this year, except for a box of chocolate that husband got at work. He gets a box of really good chocolate every year from same customer. It comes nicely wrapped, so we put it aside for when we need to regift it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I regifted:

FIVE MILE WIDE CAKE.

It was a cheese cake that weighed approximately 3 lbs. made by my co-workers fiance. She knew I was borderline diabetic. (Makes ME think SHE re-gifted it to me). When asked by my boss why I called it Five Mile Wide cake? I said " 'Cause if ya'll eat it? It will make ya' rears Five MILES wide." :surprise:

He took it home for a family party. :tongue:

I also re-gifted (sorta) The catered leftovers from our company bar-b-que to the homeless guys who were volunteering at the Salvation Army for clothes, shoes and blankets. I took 2 kinds of BBQ, rice and gravy, rolls, green beans, mac and cheese, sauce, banana pudding. - Got 2 marriage proposals, 4 hugs, 7 blessings and a lot of thank yous. :D

This is a fun thread.

SRL

Jo, I was watching GMA last week and they had an etiquette person on who said it's perfectly acceptable to re-gift...........and that she recommended that you tag each item to make sure you don't re-gift back to the person who gave it to you to begin with.

Sounds like she read your mind. :)

Suz

It's also a good idea to scout the gift out well to make sure none of the original gift tags are stuffed inside. We opened a wedding gift from J. and D. and inside found a tag that said to J. & D. from _____. It was pretty funny. Come to think of it, it was ugly too. :peaceful:

We've cut back on giving so much that there's very little that comes to us that's not on lists anymore. Even my mom, who was the worst when it came to random buying and gifting, didn't show up with anything we wouldn't use this year except a few cookies.

Mattsmom277

No regifting things here. I did however recieve a obviously regifted gift. I got a pretty little box containing 2 body products (sandlewood scent). First, I'm allergic. Second, the bubble bath had a foil liner under the cap. The lid was punctured and there was a bath full of bubble bath missing. This from MY MOTHER. Funny. Guess she bought it, bathed in it, didn't like it, packaged it up again and gifted it to the daughter who would have an allergic reaction just smelling it. I will NOT be regifting. I passed it along to my cousin who loves sandlewood (and I told her how it came into my posession, leaving her with not only some smelly suds but a good chuckle).

Lothlorien

The other thing to do before regifting something is to clean any dust off of it. I've gotten a regifted tub of bath stuff that had dust on it that was glued on it with the hairspray overspray! Tacky!

witzend

We went to several Christmas parties this year that we did gift exchanges at. We regifted most everything that we got at them. The multi-color fuzzy wool socks that had the tag "Marisa - Love, Mom" on it went to a beggar at the freeway on-ramp. The pound of chocolates went to a hostess at another party. The candles in a basket went to a Christmas grab bag party with us (I added a very nice candle holder to it & it was fought over).

I am brutal anymore about keeping things that I don't like. If it can't go to someone I know, it goes to the Goodwill. I have enough junk!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I once got a pair of deerform slippers two sizes too small with a line of dust all along the edges. Lovely. I also got a moldy bath set with a 1/2 off sticker across the original sticker price of $12. It was moldy because the bath gel had leaked out all over. That was sweet. Both were from my mother in law.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Pink hair dye for..........

For...........................

FOR WHERE???????????

WHY??????????????????

AND WHY DO YOU WANT IT IN CALI?

HAVE WE NOT learned ANYTHING from GCV Moms
red hair fiasco?

NOTHING?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
JoG, that's gross! Ew. My mother in law actually got me a nice gift this year. (shock)

Mary, if you truly want it, its YOURS. Shipping's on me.

Otherwise, it will be next year's white elephant. Thanks to this thread, I'll keep it in a ziplock baggie til then, so its not dusty, and all that.

Unless, of course, I run across the need to dye a horse pink again. (yes, I have.) The last time I did that, it cost me about $40 in semi-permanent hair color and took several hours to get a pale pink color on the horse. I'm thinking this color is probably...um...a little more potent and might dye horse hair better since its made for...um..coarser hair? I dunno. I don't foresee needing a pink horse in the near future, tho, so I'll gladly part with it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh (whinney, snort) IT WAS FOR A HORSE!!!!!!

ROFLMoats off.......NICKER.....:tongue:

YES...NOW I remember Shari.....

Say - I bet that spray paint the kids use would do the trick next time....

Ride a painted pony let the spinning wheel spin.......