In this year's re-gift bag....

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
No, actually, its for people. LOL

I just figured it might work if I ever have the need to dye a horse again (one time in 37 years - don't see that happening...)

We couldn't use the spray hair color before cause kids were riding this pink pony. So we had to use something that wouldn't come off on their clothes. But, now that I know this stuff exists, well...if the need ever arises...I have been educated.

jal

I can't top the pink dye for where the sun doesn't shine, but mother in law gave me a motorized duster with-a package of batteries. A re-gifter for me for the future, I prefer to dust by hand.

I know she tried, as she doesn't drive or get out much and she had already given husband money for us to get our own things and buy gifts for difficult child the week before xmas. She just wanted us to have something to open at her house...husband got a pair of boxers for everyday of the week (corny ones, he'll never wear)!

I have to say I am appalled at the various conditions of the many re-gifted gifts that have been received. Yeesh! I'm all for re-gifting, but spend a few minutes to make sure at least it is presentable!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Mary,

Hubby will be shocked when you receive it....or after you use it?

:cutie_pie::916blusher::hawaii_girl:

It's my guess that you'll need to PM us with what happens instead of posting... :rofl:

Suz

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Jo,I meant to say how disappointed I was not to have anything to regift with you this year. I've gotten compliments every single time I've worn your regift from last year and I wanted to make a swap so I could get something else (or buy something else) this year. :)

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
I can't top the pink dye for where the sun doesn't shine, but mother in law gave me a motorized duster with-a package of batteries. A re-gifter for me for the future, I prefer to dust by hand.quote]

AND I GET IN TROUBLE FOR THE STUFF I WRITE???

O. M. G. !!!!!!!

Well, all I can say is we call "hand Dusting" a Swiffer where I'm from....everywhere else I think they call it a Carie Prejean. :surprise:

You go jal....are you the one getting the dye too?

(Star feeling SO reserved after this bunches conversation) :916blusher::bag::abouttime:

And the colored girls sing: Doot da doot da doot daaaa doot da doot...doot da doot da doot da doot da doot da doot....take a walk on the wild side....

Star*

call 911........call 911
OM ROLLING ON THE FLOOR NOW....

A DEPENDS WITH BATTERIES.....(OWWWWW)

OH GIRL....

um.....reread jal's comment about her "battery operated duster".

I got DF a back massager/Shiatsu for Christmas from the Goodwill. It's like brandnew.

He said "OMG honey you have got to try this." So, I sat in the chair and the roller-balls ran up and down my spine, and then he adjusted the width of the massager by hitting a switch on the remote. It's much nicer than the one we bought for him after his surgery years ago. Then without warning he hit the seat vibrate button. :surprise: I said "Well that's new isn't it? He smiled and said "It will be great for my lower back. It has low, medium, high and who needs a man settings." ;) That guy....what a sense of humor. Smiled even when I regifted his present to myself.

jal

OMG Star!...I didn't even think about how that one sounded until I read my quote on your post. I'm literally laughing/crying now...best laugh I've had in a few days.

No dye here! Although husband might like...(never mind!) I'm not looking to get in trouble!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I didn't give a regifter, but received one. It's a garden plaque from mother in law that has sat in her yard for years...bird poop on it and all. Don't really care. Just moved from one house to the other.

Abbey

rejectedmom

I can't' beat the pink hair dye either but I might get the prise for the most regiftables. There is a pewter snowman candy dish, A candle in a tin can, a pumpkin roll with icky tasting canned frosting (I'm on nutrisystem), A christmas towel that matches nothing in my house, a stuffed bear... -RM

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And the colored girls sing: Doot da doot da doot daaaa doot da doot...doot da doot da doot da doot da doot da doot....take a walk on the wild side....

Visions of something *similar* to Ace Ventura when he makes his butt talk...

mstang67chic

Going Green
Um, Wow.

Leave for a few days and this is what I come back to???

Ok, let's see if I have this straight. No regifting to me or by me this year as far as I can tell. If I did get anything it was dusted, sealed and mold free. Of course, I still have one more Christmas and as it's the inlaws...there's still a chance!

I actually have seen some of those electric "dusters" ....there's quite the variety of them. There are even some that plug in and don't require batteries. Those have quite the punch....erm.....so I've heard.

Ahem.

As for the pink hair dye....um....uh.....I think I'm speechless. My first thought when Ktmom called dibs was "Oh I have to see pictures of THAT"....until I remembered exactly what it was I was talking about and I'm pretty sure she and I aren't THAT close.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Visions of something *similar* to Ace Ventura when he makes his butt talk...

OMG Shari....thanks to you, I think I have the same vision. And the really scary part.....I believe I've seen email/text jokes kind of like that. (husband has some strange friends)

tiredmommy

Neither husband nor I have any items for re-gifting this year... but Duckie does. She received quite a few things that she's a little too old for so she's decided to pass them on. AND she reacted appropriately while unwrapping the gifts, thank goodness! She's decided to save them for friends and younger kids that she knows. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Shari - I forgot ALL about Ace Ventura and his hiney talker......OMG now I have that in my mind all day long.....ROFL my....um....talker off....

TM.....That little Duckie....I got a frame;) LOVE IT!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I've done my share of re-gifting over the years. When husband and I got married, the two "in" gifts were woks and fondue sets. We got three woks and four fondue sets.

We also got this ghastly white ceramic "relish dish". One of the big platters with the individual compartments to hold olives, pickles, etc. I hate those things because guests wind up dropping relishes and the like all over the table and themselves while trying to serve them. I've always put out relishes in individual bowls.

We did find that the dish made a fabulous "platter" for serving wet food to young kittens and retired it to the cattery.

There it still was when the ancient aunt who had given it to us came for a visit and asked to see the "babies". She looked at it for a minute and said, "Isn't that funny...your great-aunt xxx gave me one just like that years and years ago!"

TerryJ2

JoG,
thanks for the offer :) but I had a re-gifting party last night!
It was a hoot.
I invited about 15 people and I was going to do a Chinese game thing, but couldn't find a deck of cards, so I just stood up and started the ball rolling.
I held up a really nice raincoat, brand new, that my husband got from a patient, (she has never met me but she decided I needed a new raincoat) and it went quickly. We also had a nice, warm coverup/robe from a s-i-l with-whom we are not on speaking terms (?), chocolates people didn't want (I grabbed those in a hurry), a Starbucks card, lots of wine (people who didn't like red or white traded for the opposite, perfume, lotions, a hammer :), you name it.
The stories behind the gifts were the best part. I don't think I've laughed so hard in my life. (Champagne helped.:) )

I think this is going to be a yearly tradition.