Increase in Hyperactivity

M

ML

Manster has been almost manic the past few days. Not sleeping as much and more talkative, louder and mess making lol.

I can't think of anything different except that he is on spring break. Maybe the change in routine? All I know is that he is exhausting me.

Any thoughts? I think I'm going to give him extra calcium and magnesium tonight.

On the plus side we are totally looking forward to our Vegas trip. We got a shirt and tie for the Phantom night. He tried it on and looks like a little business man. I will take pictures.

ML

M

ML

PS I think his cough variant asthma is also kicking up, maybe there is a connection.

Stella

I reckon it could be the change in routine. My difficult child is the same, I actually dread when she's on holidays from school especially her summer holidays as she is a lot more difficult without the routine of school. I end up having to make each day as structured as I can. Tell her the plan for tomorrow the night before etc etc.

Hope he calms down a bit anyway as he settles into the hols. Luck you going to Vegas!!

klmno

It's that time of year- sorry you (and he) are going thru this. I hope he calms down soon- I'd say the trip is exciting for him, too, so maybe it will help to get out of town and do something different and fun. I hope you have a great time!!

trinityroyal

Might be the time of year.

My difficult child seems to creep a bit closer to mania in the spring, once the days get longer and the weather starts to improve. Same thing happens in reverse every November. His dysthemia gets worse.

I know that when I'm getting sick or my allergies/asthma is starting to kick in I get a bit frantic too, so there might be something in that as well.

Looking forward to seeing pictures, and hope difficult child calms down.

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ditto on the time of year. difficult child 2 settled down a bit the past few weeks after we added Depakote... but lately he is revving up again in the afternoons. Just like you describe -- the volume, the mess, hyperactivity going up, lousy focus at home and school. I'm ready to tear my hair out again. Left an update with the psychiatrist this afternoon, so maybe we'll be bumping the Depakote up some more since he's only at 750mg.

Hope you have a GREAT time in Vegas! I've pretty much decided we can't go back there until husband's medications are tweaked a little more. He can't handle the stimulation and all the temptations there. Sends him into a manic tailspin that always seems to end badly between us. :(

Wiped Out

Staff member
Another who thinks time of the year has something to do with it. My difficult child usually gets this way at this time of the year. We've noticed it this year but his medications seem to be keeping a cap on it to an extent.

Stella

Hmm...maybe it's not the change in his routine, some people find that in the grass pollen season their asthma gets worse, so it could well be time of year. Also i have read that there is a link between asthma and hyperactivity...