Interesting book

mstang67chic

Going Green
I haven't been around too much lately so if someone else has posted about this book I apologize for repeating. But....I happened across an interesting book at the library today. It's called "The Elephant In The Playroom" by Denise Brodey. The description on the front cover reads: Ordinary parents write intimately and honestly about the extraordinary highs and heartreaking lows of raising kids with special needs.

The author herself has a child with ADHD and she writes about her child also. The rest of the book, however, is comprised of stories written by parents of children with everything from CP to ADHD to Bipolar and Schizophrenia. I found it to be very informative and supportive in a way. It doesn't really offer any advice or suggestions but it's good in the same way this board is. You have people from all walks of life dealing with the same things we are and you connect with them almost instantly.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am going to a bookstore tomorrow after we go see the kissmobile. I will look for this one.

It sounds wonderful. Like a way to take the board with me when I don't want to carry the computer.

Thanks,

Susie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
You know Mustang, it sounds like a fascinating book. I may, at sometime in the future, pick it up. At this time, I cannot bring myself to read or engross myself in anymore mental illness or other disorders in children.

I'm looking for books that make me laugh. I'm looking for reasons to smile.

I'll make note of this book though.