interesting seminar i attended today

lordhelpme

i attended a workshop today intended for school staff in our area. the principle asked me to join her, difficult child's new teacher and the school sw so we could all be on the same page.

wow it was great to see things from the schools perspective, have some of my concerns about how difficult child was handled previously(presenter is against suspension, or punitive actions)and learn some good techniques for handling difficult child.

it was called nonviolent crisis intervention and i learned so much and was glad that the principle was there to hear somethings that i have voiced as concerns.

i asked if they present some form of it to parents cuz it would be so great to have the same info and same techniques used at school and at home.

i count myself lucky to be able to attend this workshop and for now having the school work with-me. i know this may change but it is a load off my mind for now.

i will try to get on when i have more time to pass on some of the things i learned.

Lori4ever

Sounds like quite an interesting meeting. I hope it does prove to be as positive as it seems it could be for all. I'm glad it was to your benefit.