Internet controls

trouble

Need help from the warrior tech heads out there...

Running Windows 7 and IE 8 - and some of the older controls no longer exist (like blocking specific websites). Or I can't find them. We do NOT have WiFi. Its not randomly available here, either (I check periodically).

difficult child, of course, went WAY over the deep end.
Now that he's more stable, we're needing to slowly release some of the controls.

He does need to use the computer. An on-line course, specific searches (like car parts!)...

I need ways to restrict what web pages he can go to... and probably a keystroke logger or something similar so I can see even what he just tries to do (successful or not)

What do I need to get, and where can I get it?

Thanks.

buddy

Need help from the warrior tech heads out there...

Running Windows 7 and IE 8 - and some of the older controls no longer exist (like blocking specific websites). Or I can't find them. We do NOT have WiFi. Its not randomly available here, either (I check periodically).

difficult child, of course, went WAY over the deep end.
Now that he's more stable, we're needing to slowly release some of the controls.

He does need to use the computer. An on-line course, specific searches (like car parts!)...

I need ways to restrict what web pages he can go to... and probably a keystroke logger or something similar so I can see even what he just tries to do (successful or not)

What do I need to get, and where can I get it?

Thanks.

I use Norton Online Family. It is free, you dont have to have norton anti-virus to get it. It of course has upgrades you can buy but I find he free one good enough for our needs for now. I can block specific sites, levels etc. It sends every site or kind of site that he even tries to get into in a notice to my email. You can get full reports from the controls you have too. Just one option, good luck.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It should still be under your Internet Options tab for IE. Look under Security. I think... I'm using Google Chrome because I had problems with IE8 and some websites.

H

HaoZi

You can also download a parent program free from Microsoft for Windows 7, that's what I use. You can limit sites, times, general content, etc. Kiddo tends to use Chrome and Firefox and the settings apply to *everything* she does from account, regardless of browser.