Internet service thru AT&T

klmno

Does anyone here use AT&T for internet service? Someone I know, who does not do well with computer usage, claims her internet and computer are now "unusable" because AT&T changed everything around. I'm thinking there is a strong possiblity that the page layout changed a lot so nnow she just doesn't have a clue how to access her email or anything. I don't use AT&T but my company has changed things in the past and if she had her home page default to AT&T, she might just be completely lost.

So, does anyone know if a major change happened a few weeks ago?

klmno

Well I'm not surprised then. This person's story seems a little whacky to me. About two mos ago it was that she was unhappy with the company that was providing her phone, cable, and internet service because they raised the price but didn't have a package deal that gave a discount for having all 3 with one company. Ok, sounds reasonable. Then, after a few weeks, still no internet or phone service so I mentioned that it seemed to be taking a long time for the "new" company to get this set up. She said then that AT&T changed things around and now she can only play games on her computer. Now what is really wierd is that neither the original company she used or the one she said she planned to change to is AT&T. Unless AT&T bought out the first company, which could be. She is NOT computer savy at all but this whole story seems wweird to me.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I have a friend who switched all their services over to AT&T, including their internet and she's had issues with having no service at all. Maybe it's just our area.

I am leery about putting all my eggs in one basket, so to speak. Has she called the service provider to get someone to come out and help? They should be able to do that for her as a new customer.

KTMom91

We have AT&T for Internet and home phone, cell through a different carrier, because Hubby doesn't like the idea of allowing one company to have that much control over us. I haven't noticed any changes recently.

Nancy

I have AT&T uverse for internet and TV and haven't noticed any change. I can do everything on internet that I did with my old dsl line.

Nancy

klmno

Well, I guess time will tell. I wrote her and told her she could call the company and they should help her.

Thanks for the resposnes!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We used ATT for years without issue. I had my homepage set to Yahoo.......and right before we stopped using them yahoo changed their format.......and I was soooooooo mad. I couldn't find anything. Took me a while but with the help of the kids.....I got my normal homepage back and all was right with the world.

Then we switched to Time Warner.........and it went down hill from there. :( But I think someone in the neighborhood is snitching our internet.......the way Travis used to snitch it from the neighbors. When he comes home for the holiday he's going to secure our signal. That should fix it. I hope.

witzend

Is it possible that she downloaded Explorer 8? Also, sometimes I accidentally remove my toolbar, which is a real drag. I have a friend who is totally inept on her computer, and she is always dragging it down to the local "computer repair" place. They must make a fortune off of her by resetting her settings.

susiestar

Roll With It
I have AT&T and have used them for years. On top of that, JEssie's bff's dad works installing lines and troubleshooting for them. No recent changes here to the service.

We have had problems twice in the last year. husband would forget about the bill and pay it a few days late (GRRRR). They would somehow end up turning our service OFF and then somehow not be able to turn it on because some switch stuck or something. I ended up with almost a week each time of having no service. They always play dumb if you call them with this kind of problem, which I hate.

Much of their phone help-line is from overseas. This was unofficially confirmed by our friend. You can really tell by the accent and ability to help. If possible make good friennds with the phone person to let them home and help with the phone accounntnnnnn,

Good Luck!!!