Interview for difficult child

exhausted

difficult child has an interview tomorrow for the big golden arches. ( Apparently did ok on the personality test! Miracle of God!) It would be at the airport and that is close to home. No drive through and I guess less pressure acording to one of my students' mom (she is a hiring manager).

She was headed down hill again and just this chance has made her want to go to after care tonight. She also talked about college for the first time in a few weeks.She called me right away when she got the call. I really don't believe they want to live the lives they live-they just can't get out of it in any smooth or easy way.

I hope she gets the job. I hope she follows through with everything. I hope she handles it if she doesn't get the job. I think we will discuss this tonight-do you think that would ok or should I just shut my mouth and step back?

Calamity Jane

That sounds great...it's so encouraging when they actually want to embrace opportunities. If she wants to talk about it some more tonight, just follow her lead, and if you get the sense you're prying too much, just back up a bit.

A

AmericanGirl

I agree with Calamity Jane. Take your cues from her seems safest.

That's wonderful news!!!

Kathy813

Staff member
Yup, I agree with Jane. Follow her lead and back off if she seems resentful.

I will keep my fingers crossed that she gets the job. I really think that having a job helps with their feelings of self-worth.

~Kathy

Last edited:

Nancy

Good luck in the interview. I agree to let her take the lead. My difficult child tends to think I lecture when I want to "talk" about things.

Nancy

exhausted

She got the job! She just called. They told husband, who was waiting for her, that they were impressed with her and the she is "sharp"....if they only new how sharp that toungue of hers is! (Snarky me!)

Here is hoping she makes this work-she can if she chooses.

InsaneCdn

Smile, MOM. One of these breaks will be the one that pulls her the rest of the way out of the Canyon. Glad she gets the chance!

exhausted

I'm thankful it was quick. They hired her on the spot! Please send good juju into the universe that she handles it and stays despite the difficulties. There will be difficulties because lets get real.....who works in these places? Teenagers!