Interview with CBS

tpcmom

Hi everyone, I know it's been a while. I try and pop in and keep everyone posted about the updates on Timmy's murder. But we still have nothing, no news it just breaks my heart. So unbearable at times, I just sometimes don't know how I get up every day. I wanted to let you all know that I did an interview with CBS and it's supposed to air this Sat. at 6PM or 6:30PM (CBS Weekend Nightly News) I guess it depends on where you live, it's national news, not the local, so I'm hoping maybe you all will get a chance to see it. they came all the way from NY to interview me in Phila. I also now have a reward billboard for him, not far from where I live and it's in a good location, heavily travelled street, that leads into a heavily travelled bridge from Phila. to NJ. I got it thru an orginization called Mothers in Charge, so I'm very happy about that, I've got to keep his face out there, so he doesn't become just a number. So many killings all around, it's just so sad, so un-imaginable that this can happen, to many moms grieving for their children.

I do hope you all get to see it and post me back and let me know what you think. I always keep trying more ideas, I won't ever give up, I have to, for Timmy to keep his memory alive.

Take care
Bette

KateM

Hi, Bette, ; good to hear from you! I hope you get some answers soon and peace in your heart. I'm glad to hear of this national coverage. I won't be home tomorrow evening -- do you know if CBS news has a website that will have your interview?

How are your sons doing?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Bette

It's really nice to hear from you. Keeping fingers crossed that CBS covering this will maybe trigger someone's conscience. (we can hope)

I don't often watch the news but will do my best to catch this.

So? How are you and the boys doing?

Hugs

witzend

So sad. I was yalking to husband about Tim just the other night. We wish you well. I'll try to TiVo that.

tpcmom

Hi, yes, they do have a website as a matter of fact the producer wrote me and said that he hopes it doesn't get pre-empted by the Pope! That would be my luck, but he said cbsnews.com after 9PM. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see, he is going to send me a dvd, but hey I want this aired it was very draining doing that interview and for it not to air would just be devestating for me.

We are holding up as best as we can. I have some days that I think I'm just going to fall apart, but I know I have to stay with it for Joe & Matt. So I do, one night was so bad I couldn't catch my breath, I couldn't breathe it was terrible, I was falling apart and I thought Timmy wouldn't want this, stop, stop, stop. I finally was able to control myself. I still feel like I'm living a nightmare.

Take care guys and thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for me and the boys.

Bette

dreamer

I, too, was just thinking about you, last nite. I continue to keep you and your boys in my prayers. I will try to watch that tomorrow nite. I am glad you posted to let us know. Hugs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I will really try to catch this tomorrow. You have been and will continue to be in my daily prayers.

gottaloveem

I will look for this. Thanks for the heads up. I tried sending you a private message but you don't have it turned on. If you would like to receive private messages you have to enable private messaging in your control panel. Or private message me with your e-mail and I will get back to you.

It's a tough journey we travel. I think I know how you are feeling.

I hope all is going well for your other two boys.

Take Care of yourself.

Love,
Lia

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'll try to watch it, too. Your inner strength is amazing -- to soldier on as you do after what you've been through is nothing short of heroic. God bless you!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I tried sending you a private message but you don't have it turned on. If you would like to receive private messages you have to enable private messaging in your control panel. Or private message me with your e-mail and I will get back to you.

Bette, I hope you will enable private messages. There are several members who would like to contact you that way.

You are in my thoughts.

Suz

Marguerite

Bette, here's hoping it goes to air. If it doesn't, maybe they will air it later on, since it's not as time-based as something like the Pope's visit. Tim's story will still be as effective a week later, while by then the Pope's visit will be old news.

We had something like that happen with an interview we did with one of the current affairs TV shows, on the lack of doctor in our area. They had asked to interview me and a handful of others. One of the 'handful' I spoke to put the word out and when the news crew turned up there were over 300 people, which made it a very obvious need, really emphasised the problem and how desperate we were.

It didn't air for six weeks. But the news was still fresh - we still didn't have a doctor. What had been happening in the meantime on the news show - lots of other stories that WERE likely to date, were run ahead of ours. But it did run, and when it did there was no big news competing for attention.

If Tim's story gets 'bounced' for the Pope, call and ask them (or get someone else to call, if you're still too raw) to find out if they will run the story at a later date.

Someone has to know who did this, running your interview is a good way to keep consciences nagged to do the decent thing and get a murderer off the streets.

Hugs, Bette. I wish I could watch the interview too.

Marg

tiredmommy

Bette,
I watched the piece online as I had a church function tonight. It just amazes me that no one has come forward with information about Tim's murder as of yet. I continue to pray for your family and for justice and peace.

tpcmom

Thank you all for watching and all the kind words. I did see it on the news and got to see it on their website, it's under cbsnews.com, left hand side click on Evening news, scroll down a bit and you will see videos clips, and it is under "Tides Turn for Philadelphia". I was a nervous wreck believe me, I took a half xanax that morning! But they did a great job, I am so lucky I was able to participate in it and keep Timmy's name out there. It's what keeps me going. I don't know how to turn the PM on???? any one can tell me how to do that, I never turned it off so I don't know how that happened, but my email is [email protected]

Thanks so much everyone for all the prayers, thoughts and every kind word. My son was my baby, he was like my little buddy, we did everything together and life has been so hard here without him, it will never be the same. I will fight until I drop to find who did this and I will fight for better gun laws and fight to help keep other kids safe. In Timmy's memory as I fought schools, meetings, doctors., psychiatrist appts. etc. what we went thru together, I will still do for him forever.

So if someone can tell me how to turn the PM on, please let me know LOL, or just e-mail me, that's ok too

thanks again God bless you all
Bette

Marguerite

Aha! At last! I finally tracked it down, it only took me two hours! I kept getting links that said I was denied access because I was in the wrong country...

Here is the link where I found it -
http://video.aol.com/partner/cbs/tides-turn-for-philadelphia/Ep3sknHPsMzBWcBqyq37J3m

I still had problems, probably because I had to play it 'live' and not wait for it to download first. Because our Internet speed is much slower here in Australia, and especially in our obscure little corner where we're still restricted to dial-up, what I got was jerky. I did catch it all eventually, after the replay.

Bette, you done good. I applaud your campaign, I think it is a fitting memorial to Timmy's memory and if you can help prevent even one murder, you are doing a wonderful thing.

Maybe you could do some digging on Australia's gun laws and how our government got around the "civil rights" arguments? We still have rights here, we can still own guns if we want to or need to, but there are responsibilities that have to come with them, and they are strictly monitored. Also, some gun types are outlawed here. We have a right to bear arms (it's not in our constitution, though) but there's nothing that says the "arms" we bear have to be as devastating as some of the stuff being peddled.

In Australia, apart from people who have to carry guns as part of their job (such as some security personnel) most people who NEED guns are farmers, who need them to shoot vermin such as foxes & rabbits, and to also euthanise a cow or sheep which would otherwise suffer. I have not heard of any farmers being greatly inconvenienced by Australia's gun laws. However, we have had a major decrease in shooting-related deaths. Yes, we still have criminals who break the law, but they are now much easier to trace.

I wish you every success.

Marg

tpcmom

Hi Marg,
Yes they sound like they are on top of the gun laws there, here in Phila. you can buy up to 30 guns a month! thats crazy, and another law the mayor put in place (which a judge slapped down) is the anyone who loses a gun or gets it stolen has to report. I don't understand if they are worried about self-incriminating your 5th amendment rights, any responsible person would want to report that, wouldn't you think? Jeez, they have some of the same laws that passed in New Jersey and New York and they are working fine in those states, so why is it such a big deal here? I don't understand it. but thank you for watching I can't believe you got to see it all the way over in Australia, that is so cool :)

Bette

LoneStar14

I viewed both your PSA and the interview. Timmy was such a beautiful child. I can only imagine how much you miss him. My heart aches for you. I understand the constitutional rights but what about our right not to get killed or lose someone? I pray you're successful.