Irony? Cruel irony? Or just cruel?

So yesterday was Tink's birthday. She asked me to take her to this particular pizza place. I'd never been there, but she had been there lots of times with Matt & Michelle. So I take her there. The manager recognizes her, and introduces himself to me. His name, which was not all that common, is a name that I'd been hearing from Matt a lot lately. Matt had talked about going into the house flipping business with a guy by this name. I wonder if it is the same guy? He seemed friendly. So he asks Tink where's your dad? She very candidly said in jail. He looks at me and says for what? I shrugged, figuring the moron is entitiled to some privacy anyways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, I talk with Michelle on the phone about getting Tink & her brother together (for anyone not aware, Matt & Michelle have a 2 year old together). We talked a bit about Matt. First I got out of her that this burglary was not 2 years ago, as he had told me, but that it just happened. I kinda figured as much, since Matt is a pathological liar, and since his story seemed too fishy. He had told me that he was out drinking (red flag right there, he does not drink) and that he got pulled over in this particular town, and this particular PD said that they had evidence of his involvement in a burglary from 2 years ago. Of course he had to add that he chugged a gallon of water so that he would blow a clean breathalizer. Anyways, I told Michelle what he had told me, and she said no, he just did this Friday night. He broke into a pizzeria and got caught.

I asked if it was, by any chance, the pizza place that she used to go to with Matt & the kids? She asked why I would think that. I said that I had just been there last night for the first time, and that this pizza place happened to be in that particular town that he mentioned (he always includes on little drop of truth in his outrageous lies), and wouldn't that be a coincidence? She said yeah, that was the place.

So now I have to wonder. Did this guy with the unusual name already know that Matt broke into his place, and was playing dumb with me? Did he think I knew exactly what Matt did, and was playing dumb with him? Or both? I also wonder if this guy is the same guy with the unusual name that Matt was planning on going into business with, recognized Matt's true colors, and backed out of the supposed partnership, and that's why Matt targeted that place? I mean it's a dinky pizza place. I can't imagine what he thought he could get from there. Or I wonder if Michelle has it right - she thinks that Matt was trying to get caught and get sent back to jail to avoid responsibility.

I guess anything is possible.

Good news #1, so far Tink seems to be coping better. Good news #2, Michelle and I are at least being civil, and should be getting together next week so the kids can see eachother.

Thanks again for everyone's care, concern, and support.

F

flutterbee

Ummm...I'm just speechless.

I'm glad Tink is coping better and that she is going to see her little brother.

But, the rest of it....speechless.

(((hugs)))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
BBK, I am just amazed at how far-out and yet how true that whole scenario you painted sounds. You oughta write a script for all the Believe-It-Or-Not drama that has gone on in your life. Ripley's would be impressed.

I hope the kids have fun together next week. It's good that Tink will spend time with her brother.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINK!!! (It was my difficult child 2's birthday yesterday, too :D)

Lothlorien

Interesting. Actually....just weird! He seemed like he was really doing well. To just screw things up like this....just shaking my head.

I'm glad Tink is coping better. I'm glad that Michelle and you are trying to work things out for the kids.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Happy birthday Tink!!

Wow BBK! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Just shaking my head here. I'm glad Tink is coping better. Wow

((hugs))

muttmeister

I think I"ve lost my ability to be amazed by what our difficult children do because as I was reading your story, I just thought, yeah, that sounds like something my youngest one would get into. They just wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the behind, and they make life so hard for themselves it's almost like they're trying.
I don't have any great advice; just full understanding here.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You could have called that little scenario -

The lying toad and the manipulative pizza guy story.

YES the pizza guy knew. Um.....DUH you come in there all the time with your Dad and your Dad's wife and NOW for the first time in forever you come in with your MOM and this guy says "WHERE is your Dad?" not - "WHERE's your Dad and Michelle and brother?" THAT was mean on his part to Tink. He was going for shock value with a 10 year old.

SHAME.....

As far as you and Michelle? The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Think about that and proceed with caution. She's out of a baby sitter.

Despite that?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINK!!!!!! LOVE YOU!

Steely

Insanity................
Any chance the pizza guy could be in on the whole "burglary"?
That was my first gut feeling when you posted.
He seemed to act in a more suspicous way than I could ever have imagined given this scenario unless he too was trying not to get busted for something.

meowbunny

I'm with Heather. Speechless! What a fool Matt is.

Hope Tink had a super birthday. She certainly deserves to have one.

As to the pizza guy, he probably did want to know what you knew. I'm sure he was surprised to see any of Matt's family there. I know I would have been had someone burglarized my place and his child walked in. However, I'm sure from the way you acted he probably figured out you didn't know all of the facts.