[email protected] - SCAM ALERT

Star*

call 911........call 911
I got this today, but wanted to let you all know or any of you that DO NOT know - the IRS does NOT NOT NOT send out EMAILS of ANY KIND -

Here's what I got:

We are pleased to inform you that upon review of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $949.30 under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 3-6 days in order to process it.
A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

To access the online form for your tax refund, please access the IRS e-file form.

Note: For security reasons, we will record your ip-address, the date and time. Deliberate wrong inputs are criminally pursued and indicted.

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number: XXX XX XXXX

Because this letter could help resolve any questions regarding your exempt status, you should keep it in your permanent records.

If you distribute funds to other organizations, your records must show whether they are exempt under section 497 (c) (12). In cases where the recipient organization is not exempt under section 497 (c) (12), you must have evidence to prove that the funds will be used for section 497 (c) (12) purposes.

<FONT face="Courier New" size=2>David Morgan
Director,

Last edited by a moderator:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I tried on and off today to get ahold of the IRS - then got through to someone by hitting ALL the wrong buttons and got a spanish speaking woman who couldn't help me. Pweyada Ayudarmae por favor? .....Mmm no. (can you help me? NO)

Okay so I got on the internet and went the the real irs web site. I checked frequently asked questions....and was JUST WANTING A SIMPLE YES OR NO - DOES THE IRS SEND OUT EMAILS???

THE answer is NO. The IRS can BARELY answer it's own phone....HOW IN THE HECK could I EVER have thought they would send ME an email (thinking I did overpay a 1099 in 2005 - could this be it?) no.

(oh and all the phishing stuff does NOT show up until I copied and pasted here)

So I reported them -

[email protected]

Good for David Morgan! lol

susiestar

Roll With It
In the odd event someone gets another email from the IRS, remember that they don't do ANY THING in 3-6 DAYS. From what Star says, it may take that long to get the phone answered (jusst kidding!), much less get $949.30 from them!

Marguerite

Although I'm most unlikely to get this (not being a US citizen, for starters) I still had a search for evidence.

We have Snopes bookmarked on our menu bar...

Marg

KTMom91

I worked for the IRS for four seasons, answering the customer service line, and it was definitely NOT one of my favorite jobs. I was there while Hubby went back to school because they offered health insurance. The IRS does not send e-mails. Star is right...they can barely get the phone answered. They also have difficulties with mailing and faxing.

F

flutterbee

Hey Star. You just became a tax exempt charitable organization. :rofl:

Sounds like a scam for identity theft.