Is anybody else "pigging out" due to the stress?

DDD

Last November (after some dedicated effort) I weighed 135 and looked pretty darn good for an old lady. This November I weight 150 and look like I'm four or five months pregnant. Holey Moley. The stress is gettin to me guys.

I am eating "organic" due to the cancer thing. Problem is that I am OVER eating organic with a little bit of non-organic tossed in. I just don't seem to self monitor the way I should. Lordy, Lordy I sure hope that I can get back in control of myself after the holidays. I'm operating on a WTH mentality just to get thru week to week. That's sad that a smart old broad would be making dumb kid mistakes. Sigh! DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Stress has the opposite effect on me. I lose weight. I mentioned that to my difficult child recently and she replied, "I guess you can thank me that you are thin. You're welcome."

Only my difficult child would come up with that.

I understand your frustration, though. When I do put on weight, I am really uncomfortable until I can get it back off. Holidays are the worst time of year to diet.

~Kathy

muttmeister

Yes, I"ve been eating like a pig (if you read my other post you'll see why). So far today as I watched the NE football game I ate a can of chicken, a peanut and pickle sandwich, a graham cracker with chocolate spread and whipped cream cheese, some cheez whiz on a cracker, some butter on a cracker, a handful of nuts, the rest of the ice cream with some pumpkin liqueur poured over it, and God knows what else. Now I'm thinking about supper. :crazy2::morecrackers:

DDD

LOL, I know it's "evil" but I'm glad I'm not alone. I keep trying to blame it on quitting cigarettes last January but the fact is that I know I'm pigging out. DDD

Mattsmom277

Yes. Had some worries with Matt's thyroid and heart. Being a three day straight drive across the country makes me feel helpless. S/O was forced to quit his job this week. Our wedding is postponed. Date unknown. Had court with easy child's dad this year. Then the nightmare of sending my father to the penetentiary. I had been losing weight due to stress. But with cooler temps, I'm eating tons of comfort food. Hosting a holiday cookie exchange party is certain to totally ruin the weight loss. I'm glad I didn't toss the pants that have been falling off me. Foolishly though, I see it happening. I known that I am over eating and making horrible food choices. But it certainly hasn't slowed me down. Tomorrow we are decorating gingerbread houses while watching our cities Christmas parade (passes right by my elevated picture window so we don't even need to go to the road). I bet I sample all of the candies purchased for decorating. I'm trying to work up actual concern for gaining. It isn't working at all as of now.

buddy

When I'm insanely stressed I can't eat so I lost a lot of weight this year ....that's ok, I need to lose. But now it's more on/off stress and I've found myself comfort eating. I too kept my big clothes. I hope I don't need them! I had a dream last night that I passed a window and saw me...50lbs heavier. Had a hard time shaking the feeling today.

I've gained weight as well. It's ok, we have to enjoy our lives. Listen to your body. We're all beautiful.

DammitJanet

I normally stress eat and I sure do show it. Holidays are the worst time for this I think.

DDD, you more than have a reason for this but it could also be caused by any medication you are on. I am assuming you are on some medication.

I have to admit I have lowered my eating a bit because me appetite a bit and I simply cant stay awake long enough to snack at night. The other night I had all intentions to have a small piece of pumpkin pie while I watched TV in bed. I fell asleep before I could eat it and found the pie the next morning in the bowl sitting next to me...lol. No longer quite appetizing.

DDD

Nice try, Janet. The only syndrome causing my weight gain is "hand to mouth syndrome"....combined with a total lack of self-control lately. Oh well at least I'm not alone, lol. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I've lost 18 lbs over the summer and it feels great. But it's a daily and weekly job to stay on track as I can't seem to get below my current number!!! Although I'm proud of this accomplishment....I came across a box of summer things from three years ago and tried them on. Despite my recent weight loss, everything was quite snug, so that reinforced for me just how much weight I had gained while waiting for my lame knee to be replaced and how much I still have to lose. I lose two and gain one, so I try not to sweat it. Most importantly is: how do you feel????

It's almost baking season----don't know how that will affect the losses and gains but tomorrow is another new beginning. Keep in mind that each day is a new start...an opportunity to make better choices and move a little more---then, ease up on yourself. Hugs DDD

lovemysons

You bet! Just had one piece of pumpkin pie and one piece of pecan pie...then topped it off with vegetable beef stew. LOL, I got my priorities straight!!!

Virtual tour in our house set up for tomorrow. One week from tomorrow...House goes up for sale and pre-inspection takes place. One week after that Young difficult child comes home to live with us (from prison).
Stress??? Hmmmm, ya think!

I commiserate.
LMS

DDD

LMS, lol, I always gained weight when selling our home. Problem was that I "knew" as a Realtor that the smell of fresh baked brownies made potential purchases feel all "warm and fuzzy". Actually had two homes sell to people who had a few brownies and cold milk in my kitchen. :) Of course, the rest of the brownies went down my gullet! DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stress usually causes me NOT to eat. Kills my appetite. So much so that I have to force myself to eat something every now and again.

At the moment I'm losing weight. No clue why. I'm eating normally. My exercise level has dropped quite a bit due to the cold weather moving in. Most of my clothes don't fit. If this keeps up I might have to go out and buy new jeans ect at the least. But I don't want to. I figure as soon as I do I'll swing the other way again. lol But many of my clothes I just can't wear because they've reached the point of hanging on me, literally. Right now I'm in the lower 130's. Good grief, I've not seen that range since ohhh let's see........Nichole was like 7 or 8 yrs old so what? 15-16 yrs! Not like I'm dieting either, far from it. I keep looking at what I'm putting into my mouth and trying to get motivated to stop with so much sugar for pete's sake. Not sweets, just foods with a considerable amount of sugar like soda and my coffee. lol

I will say though my stomach has shrunken quite a lot and I just can't eat large portions to save my life, which is good. :)

Kathy813

Staff member
Another thing that stress makes me do is clean. Now I am not a cleaner by nature but in times of high stress, I find myself frantically cleaning closets and pantries and such. I am just trying to stay busy and keep my mind off things.

So I guess I have difficult child to thank for being thin and having clean closets. What in the world would I do without her?

~Kathy