Is anybody else "pigging out" due to the stress?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yep-I've been gaining. I've been exercising but it doesn't matter much if I keep eating. Usually when stressed I eat but when super stressed (life altering) I have lost weight. I'm trying to get back to only eating when I'm hungry. In fact, husband just asked if I was making popcorn because we had been planning on it. I told him I would make it for him but I wasn't hungry! He ended up passing too.

Californiablonde

Yes I am way overeating. It started on Halloween when I cheated on my diet and had a bunch of sweets at our holiday work party. I have not stopped junk eating since. I lost ten pound over the summer, with a goal to lose fifteen pounds more by Thanksgiving. Well since Halloween I'm sure I probably gained back the ten I lost during the summer. I don't have the heart to weigh myself now. I know I gained and I feel bad about it. Now my boyfriend started his diet a few weeks ago and has already lost ten pounds, so I feel extra bad. We were supposed to be dieting together but he's lost and I've gained. It's going to be extra hard to stay on track this week since I have the whole week off work and Thanksgiving is on Thursday. I plan on cheating for Thanksgiving but I'm hoping to kinda sorta stay on my diet the rest of the week. Oh who am I kidding? I am going to blow it the whole week but hopefully I won't go overboard. My diet can begin again next week. Hopefully I lose a little of this extra weight by Christmas.

InsaneCdn

Better to do a planned indulgence, than to just nibble with guilt. I find it helps a bit at holiday times if I'm really strict about breakfast and lunch, and then for supper restrict the size of my plate - no seconds, but if I want only the "really good bad stuff" it's allowed, including pie for desert. I used to take small indulgences all day, and it adds up way to fast because you can't "see" how much you are eating.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have banned cookies and junk food from the house......and stocked up on yogurt and other low sugar snacks. NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS (repeat) ugh......

InsaneCdn

Star... I can't even have the good-tasting lower-cal stuff like Yogurt... (milk protein intolerance, no work-around, no options ever). Which means if I followed your rule all I'd have in the house are raw veggies, whole grains and lean meats - no issue with the lean meats, it's all I use anyway but...

There's no doggone way that I spent 10 years learning how to make perfect pastry... only to not be able to produce the perfect apple pie for thanksgiving.

Guess I'll never be thin.

B

Bunny

I seem to go in cycles. When I'm in normal mode, I eat. Alot. I try to eat good things, but I still eat alot of them. When I am in periods of very high anxiety, stress, and depression I tend to just not be hungry alot. I had lost some weight because of it, but when I'm feeling better I tend to gain it all back again.

DammitJanet

Im sure I will eat during the holiday season. It is a time for eating. I love cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. I am horrible at baking cookies so that isnt a real issue. I may try some tea cakes which are pretty foolproof.

Our thanksgiving isnt going to be large because it is only me, Tony, Billy and Buck. Cory, Mandy and the baby may stop by for some leftovers later in the day but they are going to her dad's for their main meal. Tony cooks the main stuff and we buy two pumpkin pies. All we are having is the bird (he is now dead and in my fridge...lol), baked sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts with bacon, green bean casserole, rolls and pumpkin pie. I have to have my sprouts or it just isnt a holiday...lol. I can live without the green bean casserole. Oh and Im sure we will have stuffing too. I think I will make oyster stuffing this time. I like that best.

Star*

call 911........call 911
........Insane.........(looks over shoulder to see if anyyyyyyyone is looking)

Send Perfect Pastry to:

Star
Dragon *** Ranch.....

ROFL....and eating "perfect pastry" omg are they available on ebay....I think I have a buck sixty left on pay pal.

SuZir

When stressed, I tend to get thinner. And that is not good either. I would like to keep my muscles, thank you.

I loose my appetite and have to force myself to eat and never eat enough that way. And because almost only well working anti-stress/anxiety solution for me seems to be running (or cross country skiing, or if desperate and no possibility to former two cycling or swimming), I tend to run more, when stressed. And that of course burns calories I'm not eating enough. And being at a thin side to begin with, there are no excess to loose, so I loose muscles. :sigh:

InsaneCdn

No, Star, not available on Ebay. Not available for shipping - pastry is far too delicate.
Must be eaten within 48 hours of baking.

I'm a really good girl, though - I only make it when we have company. That way, MOST of the calories end up on somebody else's scale, not mine!

Star*

call 911........call 911
That is the SADDEST thing I've heard all day. Lord.....I just bought a pie in a box. :( I used to bake......I have lost all interest. I really didn't even care if we had ThanksGivig day this year. DF cornered me in the frozen food aisle and said LOOK turkeys .59 a pound~~~ with the saddest eyes I've ever seen. Then literally drug me over to the frozen pie section and said OH I LOVE APPLE PIE. To me it's like.......This is stupid.....it's you and me and it's just another day.....and it seems like a HUGE waste of money for an over priced meal....but he won out. So he can do all the cooking too. Blargh. Get through this and Christmas.....and Yeah.....a whole new year lol. (throws tinsel)