Is anyone taking off tomorrow?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am taking the morning off so I can watch the inauguration uninterrupted with H and my daughters. easy child is off, which will be nice.

I can watch on my computer at work, but I am petrified that the websites will be jammed and I won't get to see it without it freezing up, etc. And I know that CNN and CSPAN and MSNBC will all be replaying it all afternoon and evening, but I want to see it live.

Anyone else taking the morning off?

TerryJ2

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I just looked at the schedule and discovered that I will be stuck in a dentist's chair for an hr exactly during the inauguration. I will have to watch it online later. :( :( :(

Critter Lover

My hubby is taking off but I will be working tomorrow. He told me to take a small TV to work and I told him YEAH RIGHT that will go over really well with the boss.....uh yeah I will get it done as soon as Obama goes off....LOL.

muttmeister

I don't have to take the day off because I'm retired but I do plan to park my butt on the couch as soon as I get home from taking my grand-daughter to catch the Head Start bus. I will sit there and watch all day. Very unusual for me as sometimes I go for days without even turning the TV on. It should be interesting.

TerryJ2

Yaaay! I changed my 11:00 appointment to 1 p.m. The dentist's ofc staff said that everyone is jumping ship for the same reason. :)
The music starts at 11:30 so I'm thinking the swearing-in will be 11:45 or 12 noon.

everywoman

Praying for the miracle of snow here---it's actually predicted, but it happens so seldom that it's probably a big no!!! If not then we have permission from the district to allow viewing if we have it covered in our lesson plans. Working on that now. I can connect to Beowulf via the characteristics of a hero----still working on connecting to The Crucible!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'll be watching it at work. I was hoping to have my students watch but they will be in P.E. at that time. Maybe I'll see if I can work it out with the P.E. teacher.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The main reason I am going home to watch it is because of the people in my office. Believe it or not, my assistant was really annoyed that some schools are having the kids eat lunch early so they could watch this HISTORIC inauguration in the main auditorium. Why she cares anyway, her kids are grown and on their own. She is so annoyed at the outcome of the election and she makes comments to me all the time about it even thought I've discouraged any politial talk between us. She knows I'm excited about this historic event and because I just think it's amazing and something that everyone should witness so I really don't understand why she can't just leave it be.

Anyway, I want to watch it in my own home with my family so I can let out a 'Woop' now and then - lol - without being ridiculed and interrupted.

I hope schools across the country stop whatever they are doing and make this an important feature in the student's school day. And I hope employers allow their employees to view it on line at least.

You know it's going to be replayed about a zillion time on all the news channels!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
If you go to Obama's website, you can put in your zip, and see where local festivities are. Since I work at home, I can watch TV while I work, but I found a place in the neighborhood that is hosting an inagraual party and am seriously thinking about going.

Marcie

smallworld

Jo, since I live in the Difficult Child metro area, the schools are all closed here. My son is actually attending the ceremony on the Capitol lawn with his uncle. My girls and I will be watching on our TV from home.

The official Inauguration ceremony begins at 11:30 am with the swearing-in at high noon. There will be music for an hour or so prior to the 11:30 am ceremony. The parade down Pennsylvania Avenue from the Capitol to the White House follows the swearing-in.