Is it legal to kill your husband?

DammitJanet

See...another very good reason not to get married!

Then the question becomes: "Is it legal to kill your SO who has just ticked you off to no end?"

donna723

Is it legal to kill your husband? Probably not, but under certain circumstances, it really should be! I can't help thinking how, if I had knocked him off way back when, I'd be out by now!

I don't really understand all the bad feelings about living in a mobile home. There's a lot of difference in a 'trailer park' and a mobile home community! Most of the newer mobile homes are lovely! We don't really have a 'park' but there are lots of people here who buy an acre or so of land and then put a single or doublewide on it. If you had a small piece of land that's zoned for mobile homes, many of the mobile home dealers will use the land as the down payment and you just pay it all off togther. The only 'parks' around here that are a bit disreputable are the ones where the park owner owns all the mobile homes, usually older rather shabby ones, and rents them out.

If you wanted to rent, it may not be as hard to find a place as you think. There are many people who have homes they can't sell and they would love to rent them out.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Not to get all philosophical on you but here’s my Nietzsche passage:

(it took me 90 pages of reading to find this, thank you, and for you English nerds, this was written in his style, not mine)

But where is your inner worth when you no longer know what it means to breathe freely? when you no longer have the slightest control over yourselves? when you all too frequently become sick of yourselves, as of a stale drink? and when you listen to the newspapers and leer at your rich neighbor, made lustful by the rapid rise and fall of power, money, and opinions? when you no longer have any faith in philosophy , which wears rags, and in the candor of those who have no wants? when the voluntary idyllic life of poverty, without occupation of marriage, which might well suit the more spiritual among you, has become a laughingstock to you?

…………..Trust me, I could go on and on. I just think this is a very poetic thing to think about.

Abbers

ps...I'm a nerd.

BusynMember

MWM - important question! How RECENT are these judgments?

'Cause it would be a world of difference to me if he'd sneakily spent 10K over 20 years ago, or before you were together.....but if we're talking last year/this year, he's gotta have consequences. Credit counseling/etc at the least!

There's being bad with money. Then there's being BAD with money. Then there's being so-bad-with-money-you-hide-purchases-from-your-wife. And then fail to pay, causing judgments!

You really have to be careful here---they could garnish his wages, clean out your bank accounts....judgments don't just always sit around waiting to be paid.
Thanks to EVERYONE! This is what we did. We bought a beautiful, spacious double wide trailer that is really brand spanking new. They didn't care about our credit, just our income, which is sufficient. We are going to declare joint bankruptcy as the judgements need to be off our records. They are about eight years old and they aren't going anywhere. At least we can start clean. Yeah, I know we won't be able to get a loan for a house, but I think we're going to like where we're living. Really, I haven't seen any house as pretty as the trailer. So I'm thinking it's all good. Oh, they can't garnish hub's wages. We don't make enough. THere are big benefits to being poor.
Thanks again ;)